Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nearly every time I have played I have been able to take Moscow or Stalingrad without much problems even with them fortified. Usually because I can get 4 units around the city and with about a 50% chance of drawing a green with in one or 2 turns they fall.
I have gone to the stage of saying that a German attack via a major city is like Axis Allies attack no effect if Green X or *.
Just playing the Flau Blau scenario I am in summer 1944 with the Germans holding Grozny and still just infront of each Soviet major city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stalingrad doesn't seem too easy to me (after 15 plays). Getting 4 (!) units around Stalingrad and having them survive the Soviet counterattack (with ever-increasing numbers of tanks, guards, etc) to be able to attack the city on the next turn has always proved difficult to me. (In contrast, I've taken Moscow multiple times, probably in the majority of my games - sometimes only to have it recaptured by the Soviets.) In most of my games I've captured Leningrad and/or Moscow, but not Stalingrad.

Are you talking about the normal campaign game or the shorter scenarios (I've not played the scenarios)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clocherty
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few games, I have managed to capture the 3 cities twice. But I think there was a good deal of luck in this.

Personally I do find it a big challenge, and especially to take Stalingrad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Phillips
United States
Montague
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has not been my experience either after many games. Maybe a small rules error in your play? Just curious as I have found taking Stalingrad very challenging as mentioned above.

PandaBall wrote:
Nearly every time I have played I have been able to take Moscow or Stalingrad without much problems even with them fortified. Usually because I can get 4 units around the city and with about a 50% chance of drawing a green with in one or 2 turns they fall.
I have gone to the stage of saying that a German attack via a major city is like Axis Allies attack no effect if Green X or *.
Just playing the Flau Blau scenario I am in summer 1944 with the Germans holding Grozny and still just infront of each Soviet major city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I must agree of the cities Stalingrad is usually the hardest to take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.