David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just wanted to check I'm playing this right:

1. Sacked dwarves still count as being 'under your control'. So they still count towards 5 dwarf threshold.

2. Sacked characters cannot perform any actions or responses (i.e. no triggered abilities, except Bilbo de-sacking himself which is stated as an exception) however their passive abilities still count (e.g. Thorin's extra resource per round)

3. You can still spend their resources and play cards associated only with that hero, as usual.

Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Porteous
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David, yes, you are correct on all 3 points.

With reference to point 2, as stated bin the FAQ (Triggered abilities vs passive abilities), a passive ability has no condition for its effect to trigger (i.e. no Action or Response keyword) and therefore is not considered a triggered effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Simon.

Yes, passive effects not being considered 'triggered effects' due to that exact rule is what I was getting at.

Presumably Forced effects are also 'triggered effects', and wouldn't trigger when sacked (even if negative) though I have not noticed any heroes or allies with forced effects yet, usually they are supposed to be a good ability and therefore optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alogos teeheehee
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glorfindel Spirit questing is a forced effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.