Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak» Forums » Rules

Subject: Security Zone in C39 Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
air show
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys I've played for the first time scenario C39 (who let the dogs out) and I was impressed, really a nice one!

But I had one doubt: the security zone is considered an open path for every zombie type, or only for zombies (runners, dogs, berserker abomination) that could overcome it?
We usually play that is always an open path, so assuming that case in C39:

- survivors enter the building through the brown door, then they open the northest door in 5P and go inside the 5P building
- the southest red door in 5P remains closed (the one leading to the courtyard)
- the noisest zone is inside building in 5P

We played that all spawned zombies would go through the open brown door, then only dogs and runners (and toxic abomination) could pass through the security zone, whereas fatties and walkers will remain in the entrance room.

BUT one of the players said: “if walkers cannot pass, it's a closed path for them, so walkers & fatties should go towards the red door in 5P even if closed (they take the shortest path to noisest zone even if closed if there's no open road, PO rule). So in his opinion, runners and dogs (and toxic abomination) would continue to the open path (brown open door -- security zone – inside 5P building) whereas walkers and fatties would mass towards the southest red door in 5P.

I don't think it works that way, but what do you think about it?

Greetings

AS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its considered an open path, the fact that models with only 1 activation are pushed back to the zone they come from does not make it "closed".
it is similar with the barbed wire fence, which zombies consider as "open" and stay there even though they cant actually move through it.

if the red door is open then they will follow the shortest route, either through the security zone or through the other door.

the toxic abomination is pushed back as well, only the berserk abomination has the 2 zones move to pass the security zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
air show
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pretty sure about it, but one more confirm is always better!

thanks!

as

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.