Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Claustrophobia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few questions (new player) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
1, on a terror tile if I'm attacking with 3 trogs and I hit with all 3 is that 6 hits ? Killing the warrior I was attacking?
2, can I choose the taste for blood action on every turn I roll a 7.? Therefore bring in the bad guys on a tile with a human as long as it has an opening?
3, is the starting tile considered to have 4 openings? So I could bring in 5 units on that tile if no human present and It has at least one opening free?
4, if the human is exhausted he cannot move, explore or combat, and his defence goes down to 3?
Thank you.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to all, by my reckoning.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
3, is the starting tile considered to have 4 openings? So I could bring in 5 units on that tile if no human present and It has at least one opening free?


isn't the door going into the town of New Jerusalem?

I thought that an opening must always be further into the tunnels, so the starting tile would have 3 openings...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fourmyle21 wrote:
Stevieram wrote:
3, is the starting tile considered to have 4 openings? So I could bring in 5 units on that tile if no human present and It has at least one opening free?


isn't the door going into the town of New Jerusalem?

I thought that an opening must always be further into the tunnels, so the starting tile would have 3 openings...


Well, "starting tile" is strictly a misnomer--the starting tile for the first scenario is, as I recall, the pentacle room, which does indeed start with four unexplored openings. The exit tile is as you describe.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark's answers have been excellent, but I'm wondering if we really understand the source of the O.P.'s confusion.

This:
Stevieram wrote:
is the starting tile considered to have 4 openings?


Has nothing to do with this:
Stevieram wrote:
So I could bring in 5 units on that tile if no human present and It has at least one opening free?


The Pentacle room allowing 5 units, the fact that no humans are present and one unexplored opening are the determining factors.

[edit] I'm probably overthinking; in my mind a two part question where the first has no impact on the second and the second begins with 'So' makes no sense, but it occurs to me now that the 'So' was meaningless and Stevieram was thinking of # 3 as "questions about the starting tile".
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same suspicion, for what it's worth.
OT: Welcome back, sir. The internet is better whenever you're around.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Mark's answers have been excellent, but I'm wondering if we really understand the source of the O.P.'s confusion.

This:
Stevieram wrote:
is the starting tile considered to have 4 openings?


Has nothing to do with this:
Stevieram wrote:
So I could bring in 5 units on that tile if no human present and It has at least one opening free?


The Pentacle room allowing 5 units, the fact that no humans are present and one unexplored opening are the determining factors.

[edit] I'm probably overthinking; in my mind a two part question where the first has no impact on the second and the second begins with 'So' makes no sense, but it occurs to me now that the 'So' was meaningless and Stevieram was thinking of # 3 as "questions about the starting tile".


Welcome back, Sphere! BGG wasn't the same without you.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.