Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am planing on expanding my X-wing miniatures. I already have 2 base sets as well as 1 or 2 ships from wave 1 and 2 except falcon and Slave.
The collection should be playable by 2 players (if friends come by) as well as in a tournement. I really dont know what are the main ships to have and how many of them.

Thank you
Poll
Number of X-wing Expansions:
  0 1 2 3 4 5+
Base Set
X-Wing
TIE Fighter
Y-Wing
TIE Advanced
Millennium Falcon
Slave 1
A-Wing
TIE Interceptor
B-Wing
TIE Bomber
HWK-290
Lambda-class Shuttle
Imperial Aces
Rebel Transport
Tantive IV
Z-95 Headhunter
TIE Defender
E-Wing
TIE Phantom
Rebel Aces
YT-2400 Freighter
VT-49 Decimator
      15 answers
Poll created by christizzz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You definintly need at least one Falcon and at least one Slave 1. If you worried about tourney play, multiple Falcons and Slaves are probably needed for their cards (not looking forward to buying as many Firesprays as I have to just to get Stealth Devices to load onto Interceptors...). Hopefully you can find Falcons more easily than I can. Seems like they are either sold out most places or selling for +$7 more than they were a while back. I am guessing that people have snatched a bunch up for some of the recent tourneys and they haven't made it back to shelves yet?

Anyway, I might try to fill out your poll later but I am still pretty new to X-Wing. So far I have 2x core sets, 2x TIE expansions, 2x Imperial Aces, 1 TIE Interceptor, 1x TIE Advanced, 1x TIE Phantom, 1x A-Wing, 1x X-Wing expansion, 1x Y-Wing, 1x E-Wing, and 1x Z95. I almost bought a ton of Z95s last night when I bought the one, because they had dipped below $12.00 on Amazon (along with the Phantom which was $11.94 or something), but the prices went up sometime over the night.

I know that you probably want a couple more TIEs, depending on whether you bought one or two in addition to the two core sets. Maybe 3 Interceptors? I personally wanted a lot of INTs and will probably buy one more single pack to make six total. At least two B-Wings. I can't really say more than that. I am trying to remember recommendation lists I have seen in the past but I having difficulty at the moment, sorry. People more knowledgeable than myself will make their way in here though, rest assured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tournaments have been dominated by swarm lists (~7 TIEs), though "good value" Rebels (4 ships with mostly X-Wings, B-Wings) have always been a competitor as well. Most-used ships surely were TIE Fighters and X-Wings.

Competitive tournament lists have changed quite a bit with the last wave of models (TIE Phantom, Z-95 Headhunter), though. Now you will see more elite lists and less swarm lists.

Either way, I would focus less on tournament play and more on having fun with the game for now... you do not need that much to build a decent tournament list (with Rebels).

You already have two Core Sets, which is a good start.

For a decent collection to play both sides with some variety, I would recommend the following (in total):

2x Core Set
1x X-Wing
1x Y-Wing
1x B-Wing
1x Millennium Falcon
1x TIE Fighter
1x TIE Advanced
1x TIE Interceptor
1x Slave I

That way you have five small Rebel ships and one large, as well as seven small Imperial ships and one large. You have all the iconic pilots and enough variety.

Later on, I would aim to get the following for a more complete collection:

1x A-Wing
1x HWK-290
1x E-Wing
2-4x Z-95 Headhunter
1x Rebel Aces (adds +1 A-Wing and +1 B-Wing)
1x TIE Bomber
1x Lambda Shuttle
1x TIE Defender
1x TIE Phantom
1x Imperial Aces (adds +2 TIE Interceptors)

The huge ships are special and only usable in the epic format (which is basically for bigger battles on a larger map). They do have some nice upgrade cards that can be used in normal games as well, but I would only get them if you really want them.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.