Ja Rool
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi guys

After running a Lair of the Wyrm Mini Campaign (and getting totally trounced by the heroes), i'm going to start a SoN campaign. Just need some tips for strategies for the overlord.

1 - Basic or Basic II: My experience of Basic is that its pretty solid, and not as specific as Basic II. But some of the Basic II cards look pretty good (uncontained power, dirty fighting etc)

2 - Overlord decks: I was looking at Shadowmancer, but the Infector deck also looks very solid. I've always been told that Magus III is overpowered (i think? I don't have access to the cards at the moment). Saboteur is useful but only at the beginning of the campaign?

3 - Agents: Would anyone recommend an agent to be part of the game (i've got all of the Shadow Rune Campaign agents, as well as Trollfens and Lair of the Wyrm Lieutenant packs)

Cheers everyone. Want to give the heroes a run for their money this time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Holmstrom
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Here's the OL strategy for SoN: let the heroes win 2 Act 2 quests so you play the very difficult for the heroes finale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Concerning Agents: If you can wait for Skarn, go for that one, the entire plot deck is based around his agent, and his agent is probably the best agent available.

If not, go for a good plot deck and skip the agent (unless you're swimming in Threat) I recommend Alric Farrow or Zachareth, but depending on hero weaknesses, you might want to pick something else.

EDIT:
And as a general rule of thumb: look at the hero weaknesses. Base your card purchases and monster choices not on what might be cool, but on what is annoying for the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ja Rool
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Cheers guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kai fai wong
United States
san gabriel
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
basic 1 card have some really power card some card i find not going use.base 2 each card much close power one other in my mind.

as agent go what fit open group you like work with.i play with Valyndra Lieutenant and a lot time use shadow dragon as my open. with Punish the Weak and well place fire breath take out 2+ hero can be done.

other key stop hero get gold much you can.if than can't buy better gear than really help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwjmeijer wrote:
Concerning Agents: If you can wait for Skarn, go for that one, the entire plot deck is based around his agent, and his agent is probably the best agent available.

Nah, that's Mirklace. Skarn is great — very durable, and can hit several heroes at once — but Mirklace is also durable, and can hit several heroes at once with a much stronger attack. He's out for Nerekhall, though. Runner-up for sheer agent power is Queen Ariad, by my reckoning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.