5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: References to Board Games on ISIHAC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Wimsett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
(Can you only refer to real board games in this section? Please move if this is the wrong place.)

They are always mentioning board games on here, including the (real game if the rules are rather obscure) Mornington Crescent.

I like their reference to "Game of Thrones" this week:

"I was up two cubicles to nil..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'm sorry, I haven't a clue." on BBC Radio 4, for anyone who's baffled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Actually pretty much the entire post wasn't making any sense to me, but I live on the other side of the pond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Davidson
United States
Bennington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm an American who loooooooves ISIHAC (and who misses Humph...*snif*)

Fellow gamers, you need to check this show out! Recent episodes should be found on the BBC site. Old episodes are not that hard to find on the interwebs. (Remember Usenet?)

In fact, I've been cooking an idea to hold a game-themed version of ISIHAC at a convention someday. The panel would consist of our wittiest podcasters & vloggers. Of course, I'd need one of the guys from Shut Up & Sit Down to help the American panelists figure out what the heck's going on...

There are a lot of ISIHAC 'games' that can be adapted to a variety of themes, including tabletop gaming. For example, the panelists could play a game in the manner of Mornington Crescent, but more inspired by Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar or similarly complex game. (Die Macher?)

Anyway, I'll stop there. You got me all excited about ISIHAC!

BBC Radio ROCKS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wimsett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It's kind of a radio version of Who's Line It Is Anyway with verbal games, really.

Back to talking about games I remember a game of Scrabble where Graeme (Garden) played "SEPTIGESIMA"...

(Obviously being radio he needed to report this fact).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.