Hide
6 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spreading out Damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bake Baker
msg tools
just got the game and quite frankly its a beautiful game. The one question I have is about damage. can I spread out my damage to other villians. for example. Sentinal is about ready to hit for 6 points of damage, i have one minion in play with only one more hit point to die. can I use the 1 hit point on the minion and put the other 5 on the villian?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Staufer
United States
Peachtree Corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
(and to have fun!)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally an ability targets only a single enemy for the listed amount of damage.

Some abilities instruct you to pick a second target, a third target, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damage is always stated as X damage to Y targets, so it would depend on how you have the damage set up. For example, you could have a power/card that says Deal 6 damage to 1 target - that damage cannot be split across multiple targets. However, if you have 3 damage to 2 targets, you have to deal exactly three damage (give or take modifiers, of course) to exactly two targets.

If you have an effect that modifies damage (EG, effects that deal Lightning damage deal +1 damage, or X character gains +1 damage until the start of your next turn), that applies to all damage effects - so that 3 damage to 2 targets becomes 4 damage to 2 targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bake Baker
msg tools
thanks for all your replies. greatly appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Word to the wise. Like many other LCG, it's almost impossible to take the card text too literally. When in doubt, err to the side of literalism. When it reads "a target takes X damage" it means "A" target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.