United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
So, damage and healing in this game are a bit unclear to say the least. Here's how I interpret the damage and healing rules relating to wounds:

When dealing damage, here's my procedure:

I'll be using a character that deals M damage for these examples.

1. Deal damage of the appropriate type until all boxes of that type are full (so, deal M damage until the opponent has no more M boxes, etc.)
2. After that, deal damage to lower ranks until all of those are full. So, after dealing all M damage to a creature, for example, then start dealing 2 S damage at a time, until all S boxes are filled.
3. Finally, work up to the larger damage boxes, accumulating damage over several rounds. Following the example, It takes 2 M damage to make 1 L damage, so for each M hit, place the wound marker half-covering the box, and place it completely over the box on the next M hit, finally dealing the wound. There should only ever be 1 'half'/'quarter'/'eighth' wound at a time on any creature or character.

If combat ends without deaths, Monsters are healed to full health as usual, but characters are not. If your character has taken 'half' of a M, L, or H wound, that gets removed from the sheet, but all the rest of the wounds stay.

Healing: I interpret the cards as only healing the stated wound types, and nothing else. Same with Sleep, as if wounds were simply HP, it would be inconsistent -- 3S != 2M.

I have no idea if this is correct (i.e. the designer's intentions) but it works for me, and makes the game more challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quincy Hughes
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I will probably play with that for now, but I am still hoping for an official reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.