United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,
My wife and I enjoy DiceMasters, but aren't really interested in competitive play and only minimally interested in deck construction. What I'd like to do is build some casual decks that are balanced against each other for play among ourselves and our play group. I've got all commons and Uncommons, and over half the rares, and I'd probably be looking to build decks with 4-6 characters.

Is this something anyone else has been working on? Does anyone have any advice or decks like this? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Tedford
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen several people on here suggest a dice drafting technique for casual play. I don't know the exact way they are doing it, but this seems to be a great way to get some casual enjoyment out of it.

I have done some shuffling and randomized the teams with no duplicates, and that was a ton of fun. I just made sure both players played both sides, because even with randomness there is some cards that are much better than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnduBois wrote:
Hey all,
My wife and I enjoy DiceMasters, but aren't really interested in competitive play and only minimally interested in deck construction. What I'd like to do is build some casual decks that are balanced against each other for play among ourselves and our play group. I've got all commons and Uncommons, and over half the rares, and I'd probably be looking to build decks with 4-6 characters.

Is this something anyone else has been working on? Does anyone have any advice or decks like this? Thanks!

We just brought the topic up on our last Bachelors of Dice podcast episode and will be talked about in a little more depth on our next one. I feel like coming up with a few "starter decks" shouldn't be too hard. Playtesting them to make sure they are balanced is the trick.

I think 4-6 characters is definitely the way to go though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.