Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good review; have only a couple comments:

"As for the slave catchers, the Kickstarter version included tall wooden tokens of the same shape and color as each slave catcher symbol. The retail version simply has counters with that symbol printed on them. I think the game should have included standard cubes in the right colors and not worried about the shapes as the tokens are a bit underwhelming."

I believe the choice of symbols for the slave catchers had to do with helping colorblind players, as well as make the catchers stand out more from their quarry.

"At the very least the KS markers should be sold as an add-on to those that want them."

That's how I picked mine up. Typically, Academy sells a limited number of the KS add-ons after a given project is finished. I contacted Academy to see if any were still around and managed to score a full set of add-ons for my copy of Freedom.

Note tho that there are usually only a limited number of these available; when they're gone, they're gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Schröder

Wien
msg tools
designer
mb
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
One thing I would like to see is a bio card deck. Each time a slave reaches Canada or is lost (killed), you draw a bio card and learn about the person you helped or could not help. While this would be a heavy option for some, I think making the struggle more humanized would result in more weight given to your choices.

this is an amazing idea!
did you propose this to the publisher?
Even if you didn´t use this deck when playing just knowing it exists would make the game much more powerful.
Maybe they could be convinced of producing a mini expansion together with the kickstarter add ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Schröder

Wien
msg tools
designer
mb
this is great news!
an app sounds like a feasible solution. personally i´d probably prefer something to hold in my hand but i guess an app could also let you choose the right life story for the right cube depending on the outcome of the game. Must be lots of research work!
Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.