Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gurneau
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the partisan player automatically gets sighting markers in an RSG scenario, can some of the partisan units be placed on the time track? with weapons?

step 7 of the RSG (support rolls), can the partisan player buy one of the units on the card, both or none? and in multiple quantities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
tsarnicholas wrote:
Since the partisan player automatically gets sighting markers in an RSG scenario, can some of the partisan units be placed on the time track? with weapons?

No. The last sentence of the first paragraph on Page 3 of the CC:Resistance rule book states: The RSG then proceeds as normal except as amended below. Set-up is steps 10-13 of the RSG procedure and nothing on Page 3 of the CC:Resistance rulebook states an exception (set-up on the time track) from the normal set-up on the map.

Quote:
step 7 of the RSG (support rolls), can the partisan player buy one of the units on the card, both or none? and in multiple quantities?

The last sentence of Step 7 - Support Rolls states He may purchase either, both or neither of the units shown on the Force card and in any quantity desired subject to the limits of the counter mix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gurneau
United States
Unspecified
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

That last sentence could be read, he can purchase either, he can purchase both, or he can purchase neither.

That was my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
tsarnicholas wrote:
That last sentence could be read, he can purchase either, he can purchase both, or he can purchase neither.

Exactly right - all are valid options to the player.

I guess we could start a debate about the Oxford comma. In my mind, the rules would have been clearer if a comma had been inserted after the word both.

Why I like the Oxford comma - compare the sentences:

(1) We invited the strippers, JFK, and Stalin

with

(2) We invited the strippers, JFK and Stalin

Illustrative example

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Galli
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
The 4th Hussars Do Not Ride Donkeys!
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
tsarnicholas wrote:

Exactly right - all are valid options to the player.

I guess we could start a debate about the Oxford comma. In my mind, the rules would have been clearer if a comma had been inserted after the word both.

Why I like the Oxford comma - compare the sentences:

(1) We invited the strippers, JFK, and Stalin

with

(2) We invited the strippers, JFK and Stalin

Illustrative example

If I was a stripper, my stage name would definitely be "Stalin"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
gallid wrote:
If I was a stripper, my stage name would definitely be "Stalin"!

Quit Stalin, and start to Trotsky by Lenin it all hang out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.