Subject: Biblios Publisher Sold Out Again rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested in Biblios, the publisher Iello has just informed me that they have already sold out of the new edition of Biblios (3rd edition, released July 2014). Thus, all of the new copies are in stores or with me. Once these copies sell out, there will be another printing (scheduled for early 2015 to be released, though delays have always occurred in the past).

Also, this new edition has 3 significant manufacturing improvements:

1. No bad smell (as in the first edition)
2. Normal card "stiffness" (not super stiff as editions 1 and 2)
3. White border on card

Number 3 is an improvement, at least functionally, because a white border lessens card chipping and marking. Aesthetically, some might find the white border to be unappealing, yet I think it is sharp. I'll take any blame for this, as I have been suggesting the white border to Iello for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

I never took #2 as a bad thing. It was as if the deck fought back when people tried to riffle shuffle them the inept way!

Any snapshots of #3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
benosteen wrote:
Congratulations!

I never took #2 as a bad thing. It was as if the deck fought back when people tried to riffle shuffle them the inept way!

Any snapshots of #3?

I just uploaded a picture. Not sure if it needs time to be approved...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered! I'm so glad I subscribed to this or I would have missed it again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping some make it to Europe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drfinn wrote:
benosteen wrote:
Congratulations!

Any snapshots of #3?

Ah, I see. A decent compromise, although you can wrest the full bleed cards from my cold dead hands

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
Here's hoping some make it to Europe

Iello took 200 English copies of the game to Europe with them. Not sure where they are headed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Candiani
Italy
Brescia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drfinn wrote:
benosteen wrote:
Congratulations!
Any snapshots of #3?

If I can add my two cents, for the next editions, I would heartily recommend to make an insert able to accomodate sleeved cards.
Gab
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunyc wrote:
If I can add my two cents, for the next editions, I would heartily recommend to make an insert able to accomodate sleeved cards.
Gab
Noted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunyc wrote:
drfinn wrote:
benosteen wrote:
Congratulations!
Any snapshots of #3?

Gab

I agree. When my copy comes in the mail I'll have to completely remove the insert because of this.

*edit as a side note even all the copies on amazon are gone now.. crazy demand for the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
Dunyc wrote:
drfinn wrote:
benosteen wrote:
Congratulations!
Any snapshots of #3?

Gab

I agree. When my copy comes in the mail I'll have to completely remove the insert because of this.

*edit as a side note even all the copies on amazon are gone now.. crazy demand for the game

Naaah, instead of accomodating sleeved cards, just use a standard linen-finish/playing-card-quality cardstock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looleypalooley wrote:
alandric wrote:
Dunyc wrote:
drfinn wrote:
benosteen wrote:
Congratulations!
Any snapshots of #3?

Gab

Naaah, instead of accomodating sleeved cards, just use a standard linen-finish/playing-card-quality cardstock.

I'd still sleeve them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
Dunyc wrote:
drfinn wrote:
benosteen wrote:
Congratulations!
Any snapshots of #3?

Gab

Same here - I have it in my hands and now the insert must come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
alandric wrote:
Dunyc wrote:
drfinn wrote:
benosteen wrote:
Congratulations!
Any snapshots of #3?

Gab

Same here - I have it in my hands and now the insert must come out.

I will suggest to Iello to make it larger to accommodate sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Candiani
Italy
Brescia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
looleypalooley wrote:
alandric wrote:
Dunyc wrote:

Gab

I'd still sleeve them!

+1. I'd still sleeve them too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I find the worst part about the insert is that it's hard to get the bottom cards out without tipping the box over since the finger well doesn't go all the way down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
Actually, I find the worst part about the insert is that it's hard to get the bottom cards out without tipping the box over since the finger well doesn't go all the way down.

Get yourself a strip of ribbon, maybe an inch wide and 6 or 8 inches long. Lay the ribbon across the space before putting the cards in, so you can use it to lift the cards out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lush
United Kingdom
Littlehampton
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Appreciate all the updates! Frustratingly it still doesn't seem to of appeared in any UK shops yet, hopefully soon! Like the white border and appreciate the reasons why, that was always a concern of mine with the old deck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:

This! The thumb cutout is pretty much useless as it only gets out half the cards. I really like the production of the game in general, the magnetic closure box is nice, good quality dice, and I like the white bordered cards.

I would like to see better card quality, linen finish with even less stiffness, as others have said. These cards are ok, but still too stiff and prone to chipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick somers
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeves bro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie plumber wrote:
Sleeves bro

I don't really like sleeves, but beyond that the sleeved cards will not fit back in the box as noted by others. And the box and insert are nice as well as functional, because the box lid also has a guide to cards and setup with different player counts, so i want to use it.

How do people effectively shuffle a deck like this with sleeves anyway? Pile method? With a game like this a good shuffle is important, and I have yet to see another method that works as well and as quickly as a proper riffle shuffle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richlush wrote:
Appreciate all the updates! Frustratingly it still doesn't seem to of appeared in any UK shops yet, hopefully soon! Like the white border and appreciate the reasons why, that was always a concern of mine with the old deck!

Do you have any idea where it will be stocked? IGUk? BGG? Gameslore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
MM has not recede there shipment yet....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lush
United Kingdom
Littlehampton
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gamecat_uk wrote:
richlush wrote:

Do you have any idea where it will be stocked? IGUk? BGG? Gameslore?

I've emailed both IGUK and boardgameguru in the last two weeks and both were trying to investigate getting hold of it, but their suppliers were still out. Iello said to me the a week ago that it should be appearing in UK distribution in the next couple of weeks, but still seems to be a no show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine from the KS and the only thing id change is make the insert accommodate sleeves. Fun game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.