Carl Dorrington
United Kingdom
Dorchester
Dorset
flag msg tools
Hello

Please could someone enlighten me on what would be missing.

Basically what else would you require to play the episode 1 and 2 content? if you had patient 0 kickstarter, the episodes tile packs and the Apple App which has all the cards?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jobi Wan
msg tools
mbmbmb
You would need the zombies and the markers, cars, and other tokens.

I think you are better of just buying the boxes if you want to get into it. And buying them on kickstarter for season 3 is good deal i.m.o.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
You wouldn't have any berserker or toxic zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Dorrington
United Kingdom
Dorchester
Dorset
flag msg tools
So whats to stop you from representing these things with other figures and other tokens? The reason I ask is that you would have all the core mechanics to do so at the expense that the replacement figures\tokens\etc are not the originals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing really you could use the different types of zombies not found in season 1 or 2 as toxic or berserker. As for the tokens You would likely have most/all of the tokens you might need. You might be missing some of the colored spawn/objective/door tokens (Not sure really I dont know if s3 comes with these) but that could be remedied by buying the $15 plastic tokens...Or just using normal ones with the knowledge that they are supposed to be a different color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevogi wrote:
You would need the zombies and the markers, cars, and other tokens.

The tile pack comes with the token board (at least the season 1 set), doesn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to pretty much play a "comparable version of the game by doing this.

I would recomend using the money you are planning on spending on tile packs and app upgrades to buy season 1, so you have the best complete game experience without having to wait until the end of the year.

Check online sales, ebay auctions and BGG auctions, and you should be able to get season 1 around $50. Online and secondhand Zombicide prices probably will start dropping after the kickstarter ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use S3's survivors, S3's tokens (3d tokens have the mall and prison doors, etc, tile packs for S1 and S2, download the rules/scenarios online, but:

You would need the zombies (zombie packs are around $20 each, 3 of each to have enough to play), SPAWN DECKS, no real way to get these unless you buy the game.

Uou could forego the zombies/spawn decks and play the scenarios with skinner zombies from season 3... but it would not be the same at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Dorrington
United Kingdom
Dorchester
Dorset
flag msg tools
Nicholas are you saying that there are more spawn cards that are not included in the free application that you can download from there website? Well season 1 cards are free, the others have a small cost. Also I read that someplayers swap out zombies with a dice using its value to represent the number in that area to reduce clutter, surley this method would leave you with enough zombies to go around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
455_PWR wrote:
You would need the zombies (zombie packs are around $20 each, 3 of each to have enough to play), SPAWN DECKS, no real way to get these unless you buy the game.

Actually with the iPad app, you have all the spawn cards for S1, PO, TCM and Zombie Dogs, as well as all the equipment cards from S1, PO, and TCM for around $10. Just need zombies or proxies for the zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not use the skinner deck and zombies, but treat them as regulars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Groeneveld
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mb
I just bought the Season 1 tileset and used my DOOM boardgame minis as proxies. The tileset comes (ao) with doors, spawn tokens, cars and objectives. Played two scenarios solo using the app and that works OK. I used the flat cardboard square health tokens from the DOOM game and put them under the zombies if I spawned more zombies in a zone than I had in the DOOM box. Because I do not have the proper survivor minis and their dashboards, who-is-who and when they act get a bit complicated. I backed KS Season 3 so that problem will go away once I receive the 20 (!) survivors and I can use the skinners as normal zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.