Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy McArdle
United States
Summit
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello All. Am new to ASL and have a question on Residual fire power. Say I move a squad into a clear hex with a smoke counter in it (2 MF), this squad then takes DFF with a total of 8 FP. After the attack I then place a 1 FP residual FP marker in the hex. (half of 8 =4, minus the 2 TEM for smoke leaves me with 1 FP) Did I do this correctly ?
The squad then comes under SFF as it spent 2 MF in the hex, The FP of the unit is then halved so I use the 4 column on the IFT. What becomes of the 1 residual FP counter is it now removed as 4 FP halved is 2 then minus 2 for TEM leaves 0.
Does the original 1 Residual FP counter stay in the hex or is it removed totally with now no residual FP counter in the hex or can residual FP never fall below 1 ?
Thanks to all who reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
tm505pir wrote:
Hello All. Am new to ASL and have a question on Residual fire power. Say I move a squad into a clear hex with a smoke counter in it (2 MF), this squad then takes DFF with a total of 8 FP. After the attack I then place a 1 FP residual FP marker in the hex. (half of 8 =4, minus the 2 TEM for smoke leaves me with 1 FP) Did I do this correctly ?
The squad then comes under SFF as it spent 2 MF in the hex, The FP of the unit is then halved so I use the 4 column on the IFT. What becomes of the 1 residual FP counter is it now removed as 4 FP halved is 2 then minus 2 for TEM leaves 0.
Does the original 1 Residual FP counter stay in the hex or is it removed totally with now no residual FP counter in the hex or can residual FP never fall below 1 ?
Thanks to all who reply.

No rulebook handy, but here goes.

1) The first attack will leave 4 residual - target hex SMOKE does not affect residual. Firing through SMOKE will behave as you described.
PS Target hex SMOKE will affect residual attacks.

2) The 1FP residual remains until replaced by a higher residual marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The general idea is that Residual FP is reduced for modifiers that wouldn't obviously apply to an attack in that Location. The Resid counter doesn't show where the fire came from, so smoke between the firer and target (or in the firer's hex) reduces the residual instead of applying a DRM to it. Smoke (and terrain!) DRM in the target hex are applied to the residual attack, but does not affect the FP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd mewborn
United States
toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The residual will be 4 from the original attack. (8FP/2) TEM only effect the residual FP if it exists outside the hex in question. Subsequent residual attacks use the TEM in the hex. So in your case, other units moving into the hex will be attacked at 4FP + 2 for the smoke - FFNAM/FFMO if applicable.

Residual is removed at the end of movement, the the original 4 will remain there until the end of movement or if it is replace by a higher residual.

Residual can be reduced to less than 0 in which there is no residual left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy McArdle
United States
Summit
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks to all who replied. 4 FP residual FP in hex which is removed at the end of the movement phase,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmewborn wrote:
..So in your case, other units moving into the hex will be attacked at 4FP + 2 for the smoke - FFNAM/FFMO if applicable...

Note though, that FFMO will not apply in this case, due to the SMOKE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.