Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Phantom with Advanced Sensors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Morgan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
TIE Phantoms seem to be bringing about all kinds of wonderful confusion!

When playing a TIE Phantom with Advanced Sensors, I asked the TO which came first: Decloak or Advanced Sensors. Both happen before revealing the maneuver dial. He stated that I could do them in any order I wished.

So this brings me to the question: If I begin the turn with my Phantom Cloaked, could I decloak, re-cloak with Advanced Sensors, then decloak again? Decloaking is specifically stated to not be an action, so the "once per turn" rule shouldn't apply.

Granted, this would mean that your Phantom would stay decloaked until your next turn, but it could make for some interesting plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. It's been stated in an email from Frank (one of the game devs), and maybe even in the FAQ that an event can happen only once per opportunity. ie, the opportunity is "before you reveal your dial", so you can only decloak once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pbpancho wrote:
Nope. It's been stated in an email from Frank (one of the game devs), and maybe even in the FAQ that an event can happen only once per opportunity. ie, the opportunity is "before you reveal your dial", so you can only decloak once.

A great way to think of it is Garven can't spend two focus tokens on 1 attack. In the same way a Phantom can't decloak twice before it's dial is revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Morgan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Sounds fair enough!

But the Phantom with Advanced Sensors could decloak and Cloak again before revealing her dial, yes? Still plotting some nastiness with that move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this also mean you can't do it the other way?

Assuming you start not cloaked...
Use advanced sensors to cloak
Immediately decloak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Adv sensors would allow you to cloak (action thanks to adv sensors) and decloak (ability before reveal) before a dial is removed or vice versa (decloak/cloak).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot perform the same action twice in a turn.

Edit: misread original post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
Yes Adv sensors would allow you to cloak (action thanks to adv sensors) and decloak (ability before reveal) before a dial is removed or vice versa (decloak/cloak).

Or effectively get a "boost" in there without an engine upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a Sigma with Advanced Sensors and Intelligence Agent would be quite useful. You don't need to have high pilot skill to know where they're going.

Hell, you could have 3 of them and an academy TIE in your list and still be at 99 points. I've got to put this on my list of wacky things to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I answered my own question earlier.

If you had advanced sensors and advanced cloaking, they couldn't go off in the same turn to get a cloak. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patox wrote:
I think I answered my own question earlier.

If you had advanced sensors and advanced cloaking, they couldn't go off in the same turn to get a cloak. Right?
Correct, advanced cloaking device gives a cloaking action which you would have already used previously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.