jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fraud in Obamacare ?!?! I am shocked , SHOCKED I TELL YOU !

Quote:
According to testimony to be delivered before a House Ways and Means subcommittee, undercover GAO investigators tried to obtain health plans for a dozen fictitious applicants online or by phone, using invalid or missing Social Security numbers or inaccurate citizenship information.

All but one of the fake applicants ended up getting subsidized coverage — and have kept it. In one instance, an application was denied but then approved on a second try. In six other attempts to sign up fake applicants via in-person assisters, just one assister accurately told an investigator that the applicant’s income was too high for a subsidy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/federa...

The Democrats voted against verifying these very same subsidies last year. The failure of ObamaCare is now made clear. Not only the DemoRats supporting a failing law, but now they let the law’s subsidies go to waste. Failed websites,Medicare cuts, and now this new investigation, it is clear ObamaCare is riddled with waste, fraud, and abuse. DemocRats should be ashamed and apologize to nation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This does not prove there is fraud, only that fraud is possible.

But I agree it's a badly written law and an inefficient solution to a very serious problem. It's just a pity that no one has suggested anything that solves the two issue (massive healthcare spending, combined with little or no coverage at the bottom of the income bracket) that bedevil, the American healthcare system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.