Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is air transport a separate movement type, or are paradrops and air mobile movement types of air transport?

If the latter, are the stacking point restrictions in the GSR a total number for the turn, or can that many points be used per mission type (i.e., can the DPRK do 1 stacking point of paradrop, 1 stacking point of airmobile movement - or a total of one stacking point through the air by any means)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Is air transport a separate movement type, or are paradrops and air mobile movement types of air transport?

If the latter, are the stacking point restrictions in the GSR a total number for the turn, or can that many points be used per mission type (i.e., can the DPRK do 1 stacking point of paradrop, 1 stacking point of airmobile movement - or a total of one stacking point through the air by any means)?

Air Transport is separate. It's primary use is for moving troops around in a friendly country. The DPRK and PRC can each use Air Transport to move 1 stacking point. The DPRK can also use Airborne movement to Paradrop one stacking point. The PRC can use Airborne Movement to Paradrop a division per turn (this latter one changes to per Movement Segment in NWT).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
fatgreta wrote:

Air Transport is separate. It's primary use is for moving troops around in a friendly country. The DPRK and PRC can each use Air Transport to move 1 stacking point. The DPRK can also use Airborne movement to Paradrop one stacking point. The PRC can use Airborne Movement to Paradrop a division per turn (this latter one changes to per Movement Segment in NWT).

Thanks again. Does air transport cost air mobile points, or are they only for paratroops and airmobile operations (or maybe not even for paradrops?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Toadkillerdog wrote:
fatgreta wrote:

Thanks again. Does air transport cost air mobile points, or are they only for paratroops and airmobile operations (or maybe not even for paradrops?)

Air Transport and Airborne Movement/Paradrop are just set limits. Airmobile Points are used solely for Airmobile Movement. So, they are three separate activities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Raippalinna
Finland
Kirkkonummi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If paradrop fails with *Abort, do I still get one air mobile point destroyed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jalava wrote:
If paradrop fails with *Abort, do I still get one air mobile point destroyed?

No, that only applies if it's an Airmobile Movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.