Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello Folks,

Of Dungeons Deep! will be hitting Kickstarter in the coming months and the game is pretty set in stone as far as Heroes, Henchmen, and Enemies are concerned, but there is always a chance that we will overfund, so I am curious as to which monsters you would love to see added as stretch rewards. Here is a list of the 12 monsters that will come in the base game:

Gazer (floating eye) - Bandit - Orc - Skeleton - Spider - Drow - Wraith - Troll - Cyclops - Necromancer - Ice Giant - Dragon

Choose as many as you want from the list below! Thanks!

Poll
Which of these monsters would you love to see added to Of Dungeons Deep!?
Gelatinous Cube
Undead Dragon
Minotaur
Yeti
Iron Golem
Dark Lord
Werebear
Goblin
Naga
Other (explain below)
      42 answers
Poll created by GreyGnome

Here is an example of the finished art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote submitted! Excited for the KS project to launch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Peet
United States
Milford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An Elemental would be sweet (earth, air, fire, water). Also an Ettin, or Bugbear would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
msg tools
designer
publisher
Jason,

Your art work is getting incredibly better, that image looks awesome,
what about a guest monster from Monsters & Knights?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
msg tools
designer
publisher
Also if not, I suppose the Yeti would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly stupid question: Isn't an undead dragon called a Wyrm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Chris

A wyrm is basically another term for Dragon. I am sure there are differences. I think, but may be wrong, that wyrms are from either German or Welsh folklore.

@Joe

This is not my artwork, and likely the reason it looks like I have gotten a lot better...HEHE

I have hired Derek Bacon to do all the artwork for Of Dungeons Deep. He did all the art for Tower and some for Baldrick's Tomb and Smash Monster Rampage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Yu
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MantaScorp wrote:
Possibly stupid question: Isn't an undead dragon called a Wyrm?

Undead dragons are also commonly known as dracoliches.

Source: I have played a lot of DnD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill DeFranza
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For "other" I'm thinking a Hydra because I think it might make thematic sense for the hydra to be able to attack in its spot and however many neighboring spots (multiple heads!). (so it's basically like the barbarian's Cleave).

So let's say Hydra is the top most dungeon card, then Brigand, then orc. The Hydra is maybe something like HP 8/17/22/29, Damage 5, Vulnerable to Ice, Fame 5 (I'm faking this as I go).
But the reach afforded by its heads means it adds +2 damage to any neighboring Dungeon cards (woe when it's in the middle!)

So in my example above, it's only next to the brigand, so the Brigand attacks for 6 damage if he's not defeated. Could be a fun challenge. The treasure on it might match thematically and be like... cat o' nine tails, which also does the cleave attack, Or it's a wand of poison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.