Derrek McNab
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Memoir '44 camp at a game store, that will provide history about the battles, and of course play the battles themselves. We are just looking for extra things we could print out and make to give away as thanks for the kids playing and participating. They age about 11-16.

I have made an excel sheet that will be on the corkboard that will record medals they obtain, and through use of If statements, provide them a ranking based on how often the play (the more they play, the faster they rank up. Ranking up doubles if they bring a friend in the upcoming months and they rank up as well).

However we are looking for some free print & play variants for the BASE SET.

I have looked through the files, but haven't seen anything that strikes as easy to print & play (there was a variant for mortar units and mechanized infantry, which I might use by printing out custom markers for those units) .

Preferably something that can print out on 2-3 pages and we can easily tape/laminate/sleeve for them as bonus stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Have you tried the M'44 page on DOW's website: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/scenarioapp/

It has several scenarios including those created by fans. You may have to do some filtering on your own for expansions you don't have but they should be marked in the scenario info column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might find something useful over on my User Page at the DoW site: http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/mypage/362174/m44

Sounds like a great event! Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Have you tried the M'44 page on DOW's website: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/scenarioapp/

It has several scenarios including those created by fans. You may have to do some filtering on your own for expansions you don't have but they should be marked in the scenario info column.

+1

The DOW site has lots of extra official and unofficial scenarios that work with just the base game. Like Brian said, just look for the ones that don't require expansions. I can't get there at work, but I bet there are at least 15 extra official scenarios that work with just the base game. And you can download them as pdfs for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you might want to contact DOW, they might provide some stuff for your camp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek McNab
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've browsed through there, seems wonky as either I have trouble finding a printer-friendly non-pdf version, and a version that can just require the base set or components that I could easily print out.

I'm sure in a few hours I can peruse them all and put together a simple collection of printable content

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kerred wrote:
I've browsed through there, seems wonky as either I have trouble finding a printer-friendly non-pdf version, and a version that can just require the base set or components that I could easily print out.

I'm sure in a few hours I can peruse them all and put together a simple collection of printable content

I know in the past, I've had trouble with clicking on the download link and getting the file to download as a pdf. Not sure if it was the browser I was using or what. If you click the link to download, and it doesn't show up as a pdf, just cancel and try again.

As far as finding the scenarios that don't require expansions and have pdfs available, try filtering by official and non-classified, then look for the scenarios without the expansion icons.

Also, this list might be helpful, as it conatins links directly to the pdfs.

Memoir '44 expansions and scenarios

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeiro wrote:
As far as finding the scenarios that don't require expansions and have pdfs available, try filtering by official and non-classified, then look for the scenarios without the expansion icons.

You can filter out all the expansions by making the icons have an X over them. Then all you get are base game scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a pretty good player aid with all the information from the basic set:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/24344/memoir44-player-aidp...

This one has nice graphics:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/11544/memoir-44-summary-ca...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek McNab
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek McNab
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reference cards, Kent!

Over the past years the cards that come with the base game were preferred by everyone rather than the paper printouts, so I have been sticking with them.

I already have "commonly missed rules" cards made, that kids forget or have trouble with over the past years, such as:

Must battle units in close assault first if possible

Dig in does NOT order units to move/attack.

Ambush is the ONLY card ever played out of turn. Counter-attack is not played out of turn.

Behind Enemy Lines moves through anything except tiles you can move into at all (such as water).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek McNab
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I decided to modify the variant units and make a "mini expansion" to give out for free to them as I will just print them out, cover them with packing tape to look nice and shiny, and cut them

http://i.imgur.com/FlWrLMX.png

I just have to make printable tokens for the Mortar Team, Mechanized Infantry, and Flame Thrower Infantry.

And some rules about how you can replace them (maybe each side can replace an infantry with a special infantry, armor with special armor, or artillery with special artilerry).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.