Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Thunder Alley» Forums » General

Subject: Thunder Alley picks up stunner review at NoHighScores rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

http://www.nohighscores.com/2014/07/24/cracked-lcd-thunder-a...

The words "masterpiece" "genius" and "brilliant" appear early in the text, but it's well worth the complete read.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Barnes likes it!

Well, so do I. And I don't really care about NASCAR or other auto racing at all - but this is a fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's so different from everything else, it's awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me its more of a hybrid between Daytona 500 and The Stock Car Championship Racing Card Game, which is a good thing.

Because it takes Daytona 500 and adds an additional level of detail, where SCCR dove into the detail and left some of the fun out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Lewis
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
“Whatever you do, He will make good of it. But not the good He had prepared for you if you had obeyed Him.” Perelandra, C.S. Lewis
badge
"He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.” Perelandra, C.S. Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="3wgames"]To me its more of a hybrid between Daytona 500 and The Stock Car Championship Racing Card Game, which is a good thing.

Two of my favorite race games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't stand NASCAR, but two of my favorite racing games are Daytona 500, and now Thunder Alley. Who knew?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Hansen
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
2/68th Armor: Silver Lions!
mbmbmbmb
I love NASCAR...and I love this game, but not because I love NASCAR. It's always nice to see fresh mechanics in a game. This game makes you think out each move and try to optimize it for as much of your team as possible while trying not to help the other teams at the same time, which is often unavoidable. This, so far, is my top game this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
I think Barnes likes it!

It's on his trade list, which I know because I had my trade offer ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

He trades just about everything he gets. He reviews video and board games and I think he'd be waist-deep in them if he didn't send them out afterwards. Currently he's looking for particular old German games in exchange, so you may not have hit on something he's interested in.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.