Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Province» Forums » General

Subject: Labor Tracker: Anyone using it? Upgrades? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Has anyone done anything with the labor tracker? This isn't really setup like a spinner, so it is a bit tough to use. I'm curious to see if anyone is using it or has modified it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Halvorsen
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used it as it is helpful to track while moving workers around. But I agree, it would be nice to rivet the two pieces together for a single piece. I just don't have a way of doing that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do use it. And conversely to the two of you, when I last played with a buddy I commented on how easy it is to use and how much more useful it is than I thought it would be.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Halvorsen
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HokieGeek wrote:
And conversely to the two of you, when I last played with a buddy I commented on how easy it is to use and how much more useful it is than I thought it would be.


I agree, it is easy to use and is very useful, especially if I grind and build in the same turn.

My only desire with it would be that the two pieces are riveted together.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ekulnesro wrote:
HokieGeek wrote:
And conversely to the two of you, when I last played with a buddy I commented on how easy it is to use and how much more useful it is than I thought it would be.


I agree, it is easy to use and is very useful, especially if I grind and build in the same turn.

My only desire with it would be that the two pieces are riveted together.

Agreed. It would definitely be better. thumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Belcher
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we played, we set the two pieces next to each other, using the notch in the one piece as a marker and rotating the second piece to change the number next to the notch. Was very easy to use and less clunky than having one sit on top of the other.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
garbles9100 wrote:
When we played, we set the two pieces next to each other, using the notch in the one piece as a marker and rotating the second piece to change the number next to the notch. Was very easy to use and less clunky than having one sit on top of the other.

huh... clever!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
garbles9100 wrote:
When we played, we set the two pieces next to each other, using the notch in the one piece as a marker and rotating the second piece to change the number next to the notch. Was very easy to use and less clunky than having one sit on top of the other.
thank you! This is how I will use it hence forth!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a spare plastic FFG dial rivet from X-Wing or something. It looks like it will work for this purpose, although the top piece might be a bit too small. I will post pics if I try it out.

Edit - spelling
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
TradenMyr wrote:
I have a spare plastic FFG dial rivet from X-Wing or something. It looks li it will work for this purpose, although the top piece might be a bit too small. I will post pics if I try it out.

Please do
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my assembled labor tracker.

Components: labor tracker + spare "spinner" from FFG product (eg X-Wing)


Assembled (it uploaded upside down, but you get the idea):


This cardboard is tough! I wasn't entirely pleased with my results, but it is certainly functional. YMMV.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Probably doesn't help that it's such a big rivet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The labor tracker looks nice and all, but I am thinking I might just toss a d6 in the bag. Would I often need more than 6 labor?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Halvorsen
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gone up to nine...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
ekulnesro wrote:
I've gone up to nine...

Then get a d10
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thorp
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ekulnesro wrote:
I've gone up to nine...


Wowzers! How did you manage that? Smithy + Mill + Camp Worker + Village Worker + sailors?!? Surprised you hadn't already finished the game by that point :o
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.