Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
40 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: ~14 Uncanny X-Men cards spoiled at SDCC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Lang
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Spotted this today. You can clearly read about 10-12 of the cards and some of the others are blurry but there.

http://www.crittohit.com/events/san-diego-comic-con-2014-wiz...
10 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Tedford
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Not super impressed with any of those particular characters though....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not seeing many options below a cost of 4... Here is hoping there are several more they haven't shown yet. There seriously need some better options at the low end. Above a cost of 4 there are tons of choices.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There was some uncertainty whether or not the new starter would have different basic action cards. Well there's one called 'possession' so I guess it does laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle K
Canada
flag msg tools
I’m not seeing anything too interesting – a lot of useless cards, actually (that 6-cost Cyclops is probably the worst 6-cost out there.)

X-23 and Kitty Pryde being the exception. Iceman might work well if paired with Silver Surfer’s global. (Use SS global, grab Iceman on turn two, field sidekicks as you can, get to 7 cost by turn ~4.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle K
Canada
flag msg tools
NinjaComicBook wrote:
There was some uncertainty whether or not the new starter would have different basic action cards. Well there's one called 'possession' so I guess it does laugh


Can't read that. Are you able to make out the text?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
I'm not seeing many options below a cost of 4... Here is hoping there are several more they haven't shown yet. There seriously need some better options at the low end. Above a cost of 4 there are tons of choices.


Psylocke was 3 but couldn't make out any other details.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Neptune
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What's that AvX set up box? It looks quite big. I assume it's like the box they talked about for Uncanny that has storage space, but I didn't know there would be one for AvX as well.

Psylocke says (something like): "When fielded, target an opposing SK or Character. If that character is lvl 1, KO it, otherwise spin it down a lvl."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
likkuid wrote:
NinjaComicBook wrote:
There was some uncertainty whether or not the new starter would have different basic action cards. Well there's one called 'possession' so I guess it does laugh


Can't read that. Are you able to make out the text?


It's definitely "Posession" can't make out the text.

Other character "titles":
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Iceman "Too Cool for words" C Once per turn, may pay bolt to double Iceman's atk. Global also
Angel "Superhero" C Can't make out
Cyclops "Optic Blast" C When fielded, Cyclops deals 3 dmg to an opp. character. (May pay 3 life to prevent)
Kitty Pryde "Shadowcat" C Cannot be blocked on turn she is fielded. Global also
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
byrdru wrote:
What's that AvX set up box? It looks quite big. I assume it's like the box they talked about for Uncanny that has storage space, but I didn't know there would be one for AvX as well.

Psylocke says (something like): "When fielded, target an opposing SK or Character. If that character is lvl 1, KO it, otherwise spin it down a lvl."


It says: "When fielded, choose one opposing sidekick or character with a purchase cost of 2 or less. If it is a level one knock it out, otherwise spin it down one level."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fleece
United States
New Baltimore
MI
flag msg tools
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain America allows you to field the next character you field for free.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
likkuid wrote:
NinjaComicBook wrote:
There was some uncertainty whether or not the new starter would have different basic action cards. Well there's one called 'possession' so I guess it does laugh


Can't read that. Are you able to make out the text?


It's definitely "Posession" can't make out the text.

Other character "titles":
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Iceman "Too Cool for words" C Once per turn, may pay bolt to double Iceman's atk. Global also
Angel "Superhero" C Can't make out
Cyclops "Optic Blast" C When fielded, Cyclops deals 3 dmg to an opp. character. (May pay 3 life to prevent)
Kitty Pryde "Shadowcat" C Cannot be blocked on turn she is fielded. Global also


Angel

Heroic: When fielded, Angel may pair up with a different Heroic character until the start of your next turn.

Once per turn while Angel is paired up, you may pay (shield) to give Angel and his partner each +2D.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So Angel has one of the new 'heroic' abilities that we weren't sure about how it works.

Quote:
Heroic: When fielded(I think?), Angel may pair up with a different Heroic character until the start of your next turn.

Once per turn while Angel is paired up, you may pay (1 shield energy) to give Angel and his partner each +2D


I wonder what this pairing up does. Maybe it allows you to combine 2 dice into a single attack as if they were one die.


*edit arrrr too slwo
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Others include (all commons):
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Cap America "Follow Me" When fielded next character you field this turn can be fielded for free
Namor "Atlantean"
Psylocke "Ninjitsu"
Vision "Density Control" When Vision blocks, may spin him up one level
X-23 "Scent of Murder" x-23 cannot block
Apocalypse "Archvillain" While your opponent has no villains in the field, prevent all dmg to Apoc.
Red hulk "Thunderbolt Ross" *If dmged in an atk but not KO'd spin up one level at end of turn
Sabretooth "Something to Prove" At beginning of your turn spin all Sabretooth dice up one level
Sentinel "Mutant hunter" When Sentinel atks, may force one X-Men character to block (if able)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
I'm not seeing many options below a cost of 4... Here is hoping there are several more they haven't shown yet. There seriously need some better options at the low end. Above a cost of 4 there are tons of choices.

There are a couple characters not shown here and don't forget the different rarity cards of the same character don't all have the same cost.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am excited that they are pushing new global abilities, and some new character abilities too.

And new basic actions.

It's an exciting age we live in.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy H
United States
Troy
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Namor - When Namor blocks you may cancel one ??? action effect. Move that action die to its owner's used pile if ?necessary.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
langbenj wrote:
Spotted this today. You can clearly read about 10-12 of the cards and some of the others are blurry but there.

http://www.crittohit.com/events/san-diego-comic-con-2014-wiz...


So, that's what Booster Packs look like!

Thanks for the great link. I like the photos, that Borg Cube is awesome.

What is the Set-up/Collector's box? When is it supposed to be available?

Forget all that, we're all burying the true lead here. PINK ACTION DICE!

Edited to add: Is that the confirmed lineup for the starter box? Iceman, Quicksilver, Angel...can't make out the rest...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very exciting to see! I've been hoping for some spoilers. I still say they should preview a few cards a week and address all FAQs in the forums before release. That way we can nip some rules debates in the bud.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Uncanny X-Men boosters all have Avengers Vs X-Men on them, rather than the Uncanny logo on the starter and gravity feed. Someone forget to switch out the graphic for the boosters?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cornixt wrote:
The Uncanny X-Men boosters all have Avengers Vs X-Men on them, rather than the Uncanny logo on the starter and gravity feed. Someone forget to switch out the graphic for the boosters?


They have U:X boosters in there, you must have seen the wrong pictures:
http://www.crittohit.com/imagestore/articles/7851/wizkids23....

Oh, that's funny right picture, WRONG TEXT. Good catch!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lang
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I compiled all of the card text from this thread and did some zoom/enhance work on my own and I'm pretty sure these are all of the spoilers. I could be a bit off on Possession but I think it's right. Thanks to those who transcribed the others!

Also if you look at the card next to the boosters it says Release Date October 20th. Sounds official to me

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Cap America "Follow Me":
When fielded next character you field this turn can be fielded for free

Namor "Atlantean":
When Namor blocks you may cancel one active action effect. Move that action die to the owners used pile if necessary

Psylocke "Ninjitsu":
When fielded, choose one opposing sidekick or character with a purchase cost of 2 or less. If it is a level one knock it out, otherwise spin it down one level.

Vision "Density Control" :
When Vision blocks, may spin him up one level

X-23 "Scent of Murder":
x-23 cannot block

Apocalypse "Archvillain"
While your opponent has no villains in the field, prevent all dmg to Apoc.

Red hulk "Thunderbolt Ross"
*If dmged in an atk but not KO'd spin up one level at end of turn

Sabretooth "Something to Prove":
At beginning of your turn spin all Sabretooth dice up one level

Sentinel "Mutant hunter":
When Sentinel atks, may force one X-Men character to block (if able)

Angel:
Heroic: When fielded(I think?), Angel may pair up with a different Heroic character until the start of your next turn.
Global: Once per turn while Angel is paired up, you may pay (1 shield energy) to give Angel and his partner each +2D

Iceman "Too Cool for words" C:
Once per turn, may pay bolt to double Iceman's atk.
Global: Pay Lightning to spin any number of your sidekick dice to their Lightning side (if active move them to your reserve pool)

Cyclops "Optic Blast" C :
When fielded, Cyclops deals 3 dmg to an opp. character. (May pay 3 life to prevent)

Kitty Pryde "Shadowcat" C:
Cannot be blocked on turn she is fielded.
Global: Mask – Target character cannot attack this turn unless it’s owner pays 1 life

Possession Action:
At the start of your attack step, take control of an opposing character with a level lower than that of your characters. Attack with it.
**Instead take control of an opposing character with an equal or lower level
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DrNate wrote:
langbenj wrote:
Spotted this today. You can clearly read about 10-12 of the cards and some of the others are blurry but there.

http://www.crittohit.com/events/san-diego-comic-con-2014-wiz...


So, that's what Booster Packs look like!

Thanks for the great link. I like the photos, that Borg Cube is awesome.

What is the Set-up/Collector's box? When is it supposed to be available?

Forget all that, we're all burying the true lead here. PINK ACTION DICE!

Edited to add: Is that the confirmed lineup for the starter box? Iceman, Quicksilver, Angel...can't make out the rest...

You can read about the setup box here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1192113/avx-set-box
Don't think we have an exact date for it (there's one for AvX and one for UXM). Some other official accessories http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1200981/two-new-dice-masters...

We already knew there are 4 new colors for the action dice and they implied they have a new rule set for a 4 man game.

I wouldn't trust that those dice necessarily reflect what really comes with the starter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Widow and Beast just got a LOT weaker. Lots of answers to those fools in this group. Lots of spinning up also so Colossus burn just got that much better.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lang
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Very true! Iceman's global is nuts too. Psylocke on the other hand really helps out Tsarina (like she needed it).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.