Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a bit of Legendary. I found it initially difficult followed by incredibly easy ratcheted back up difficult with Dark City. I personally haven't expanded beyond Dark City myself but a friend a coworker is all full up on expansions and decided to do a random run this afternoon at lunch. Now, sometimes it pushes the lunch hour a bit but this is his last week here so we didn't give it much thought. The game closed in 30 minutes...brutally. Here was the line up:

Mastermind: Carnage
Scheme: X-Cutioner's Song (Nightcrawler was put in the villain deck)
Villains: Maximum Carnage and Emissaries of Evil
Heroes: Angel, Bishop, Daredevil, Hulk, and Cap

Right out of the gate, we knew we had invited something terrible and dark with our random collection of cards. Maximum carnage villains were vomited up from the Villain Deck, each stronger than the last, none less than 6 strength. And better yet? Nightcrawler was scattered throughout adding +2 to each villain he tagged along with. Though I did a handy job of collecting Hulk cards to beef up my attack, there was little we could do. Which meant that escapes were inevitable which, in turn, KOs a Hero from the HQ. Worse yet, each Maximum Carnage villains Feasts. Carnage himself Feasts. What does that normally mean? Every Mastermind Tactic and attack on a Villain KO's the top card of your deck...if it's a 0 for Carnage, you get a wound too. Okay, so it's hard to keep cards in your deck...so? So here comes the Scheme. The twist KO's collected heroes under villains...the loss condition? 9 KO'd non grey Heroes...count them...9. So between the Tactics, the Schemes and the Feasting, we knew pretty early one it was a lost cause. We stuck it out to the bitter, and I mean Warheads bitter, end but it was a foregone conclusion before I ever bought my first Hulk. Did we have fun? Of course. We laughed at our misery and raged against the dying of the light but, in the end, Kletus Kassidy replacement of Stryfe was simply insurmountable.

So I end with a challenge...first, if any of had this combination and defeated it, please...embarrass my feeble attempts. For those who haven't, go ahead...put your Legendary skills to the test...try it with a random hero run and then, when you've moped the blood off the floor, try to create the hero combo that will turn this massacre into a well earned victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Big Poppi
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daredevil's 'Backflip' and his ability to look at the top card usually help in preparing for Feast. Add that with Angel's draw ability and you can try to prep your deck a bit.

Who were your henchmen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Savage Land Mutates...but we never saw a one in the shuffle. The only 2 daredevil cards up for a good while were 6 cost with 4 fight. Just a ridiculous storm of events really...but carnage rocks the Xcution either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
How many players did you have? The number of players changes the difficulty. I would never play with 5 unless you are a real sadist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnBandettini wrote:
How many players did you have? The number of players changes the difficulty. I would never play with 5 unless you are a real sadist.

Juuuuust the two of us. (we didn't make it even though we tried)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.