Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what my team look like right now

http://www.dicemastersdb.com/team-builder/v1/#1277-3;1272-3;...

Distraction, Invulnerability
4x Black Widow, Killer Instinct
2x Hulk, Green Goliath
3x Beast, Mutant #666
2x Storm, Wind-Rider
2x Nick Fury, WWII Veteran
2x Iron Man, Inventor
3x Hawkeye, Robin Hood
2x Human Torch, Johnny Storm

Most games start with buying a Johnny Storm, followed by a purchase of two characters, building through combat a Hulk to clear the board for an alpha strike and end things. Does this look like a viable team? I'm pretty set on the low cost characters and the energy balance, but am not sure about Iron Man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
Hulk, will take too long to get out.

I'd take Punsishe McRook over that particular hulk.

Do you have HawkEye - Longbow? bit more powerful IMO, thought more of a cost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ducimus
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good luck with buying two of the 2 cost human torches first turn, same again next turn for offence and defense/ tsarina/sidekick control. With mc rook right after that. That tends to buy me enough time to mitigate the Easley advantage of gob by or tsarina and often do some good damage. Them I can field a few fives or sixes to finish my opponent off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Lindstrom
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I think the Beast: 666 to ramp to Hulk: Green Goliath is probably the best counter (that I'm aware of) to what I've seen as the most common strategy for those that have all of the cards. I think your priority is probably Beast, then either Hulk or Torch, dependent on what you are facing up against.

I think Wolverine: Weapon 10, Punisher: McRook, Hawkeye: Longbow would be good considerations or additions. Those are both hard hitters and act as either untargetted removal or targetted removal/direct damage. They provide good attackers for once "the wall" is up. Spiderman: Webslinger is another good option. Another path to take is a cheap action and a few Angel: Soaring. If you can get a fast attack slowed down, you really have quite a few options as next steps. It's all about getting the board stall established. Also, you'll want something to function against Gobby, as he eats board stalls for breakfast. I'd suggest Venom: Fortunato in there somewhere as a Gobby counter.

I think you'll still have a hard time and have an uphill battle against Tsarina/Johnny Storm, and you just won't have enough time sometimes. But if you can get the wall up, it makes for much harder choices for that player and slows the machine down.

I might go:

Distraction, Invulnerability
4x Beast 666
3x Angel: Soaring
3x Human Torch Johnny Storm
2x Punisher: McRook
2x Hawkeye: Longbow
2x Wolverine: Weapon 10
2x Storm: Wind-Rider
2x Hulk: Green Goliath

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smat Denley
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
I wouldn't worry about not having SRs. There are quite a few decks that handle them very well. Visit thereservepool.com look at Dave's control deck and there is an article about a guy's OP event experience. He made a deck to deal with Gobby builds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United States
rancho cordova
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Smat008 wrote:
I wouldn't worry about not having SRs. There are quite a few decks that handle them very well. Visit thereservepool.com look at Dave's control deck and there is an article about a guy's OP event experience. He made a deck to deal with Gobby builds.

http://www.thereservepool.com/2014/05/control-part-one-impos...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smat008 wrote:

This +1. SRs aren't necessary or game-enders in Dice Masters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xerobull wrote:
Smat008 wrote:

This +1. SRs aren't necessary or game-enders in Dice Masters.
I 100% agree with this, but by the same time they are the easy button and I am endlessly sick of facing the same Gobby / Tsarina deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first team I tried had a lot of gobby hate, but they just wind-ridered me down.

Distraction/Focused Power
4 Beast 666
3 gambit ace in the hole
4 storm wind-rider
4 Angel Soaring
2 Dr Doom RRR
1 magneto
1 silver surfer
1 Mr Fantastic

It got destroyed by gobby. Dr Doom RRR never rolled a character fame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smat Denley
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
I feel like sometimes people focus too much on trying to stop Gobby. Maybe it is better to build your deck with 1-2 cards to deal with Gobby but make sure the rest of the deck benefits you offensively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Super Rares of this game are over rated and given too much credit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MirrorsNight wrote:

So have you played a well tuned Gobby deck with Rally? Do you have a list that can beat it more than 30-40% of the time?

I'm not even that interested in pure constructed, I like a limited draft and casual play fine, but from what I can see Rally is broken as hell. WizKids has a history of this kind of crap as well, so I'm curious about how the organized play will fare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bclayj wrote:
MirrorsNight wrote:

So have you played a well tuned Gobby deck with Rally? Do you have a list that can beat it more than 30-40% of the time?

I'm not even that interested in pure constructed, I like a limited draft and casual play fine, but from what I can see Rally is broken as hell. WizKids has a history of this kind of crap as well, so I'm curious about how the organized play will fare.

I wish I had a chance to play against Rally, but our first OP2 is still 1 and a half weeks out so nobody has them yet.

I personally wouldn't put it in my list, but I would buy it if my opponent brought it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.