Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Gillespie
Canada
Strathmore
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really interested in backing this one, especially to be able to pick up the previous expansions but does anyone have any clues as to what the new rule tweaks are in this one? 2nd story added ladders and windows, urban structures added the structural engineer and more explosives, extreme danger added critical equipment, custom minis, and a ton od special features/stretch goals ( I may be remembering these all wrong, forgive me). What does this add, apart from 2 new maps, and extra tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll post the rules to the project page once the final edits are done. That should be tonight, or in the next few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen this, this and this post? They should give you a general idea, though no rule details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gillespie
Canada
Strathmore
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that the rules are posted on the KS page in update #7. Thanks for that. I have one question about the airfield though, now that I see the map more clearly: If the spaces at the airplane doors are marked difficult terrain by the green lines, what would prevent a fireman from chopping holes in the plane and bypassing the doors entirely? It makes sense on the subway map, where the entire outside walls of the train are marked with green, but it seems like the entire plane should be green and not just the doors. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(I asked this of Travis on KickStarter and he suggested I post here on BGG, so here I am. )

A question after reading the rules: Can the hydraulic platform fire foam?

It doesn't seem to say one way or the other. To be honest, I could see it as being perfectly reasonable that it couldn't.

This, of course, is assuming that foam is an option on the other boards, which we all know perfectly well some players are going to want to try. angry

Also, would foam affect the chemical spill or vice versa? My guess would be no, under the "or any other rules not covered above" statement, but it's worth asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BozemanPhil wrote:
1. Can the hydraulic platform fire foam?
…assuming that foam is an option on the other boards, which we all know perfectly well some players are going to want to try.
2. Would foam affect the chemical spill or vice versa?

1. No, foam is for the airfield only. But who says that I am allowed to tell you how to play?
2. No.

The idea behind the foam is to handle the wide open spaces on the airfield, to introduce something "specific" to the airfield, and to give some options to the otherwise rather dull job of the D/O.
NB: I am aware that foam is not only used on airfields and that the way foam works in the expansion is not exactly the way real foam works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coligill wrote:
What would prevent a fireman from chopping holes in the plane and bypassing the doors entirely?

Nothing, if he has cubes to spend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.