The Cards of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Special Thing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't had plan to buy Cards of Cthulhu but it showed up in my online shop. Now I hesitate: to buy it or not.

I've read the rules, watched kickstarter video and somehow I don't feel it. But maybe I'm missing something?

Does this game has some special thing that makes you go back so you play it again and again and again ... ?

As I see it after reading rules, game is simple and (unfortunately) limited with card pool. Many of card graphics were taken from Hornet Leader Cthulhu Conflict so they aren't new to me.

I'm interested in opinion in solo play.

Is there anything special that anyone would recommend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles de Rais
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest you watch Marco Arnaudo's review.
I've played it some 5 times and like it alot, it's simple, fast, yet brutally hard to win.
Got Space Hulk: Death Angel yesterday, more complex but somewhat in the same league imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for reply. I've made and order

I hadn't been disappointed with DVG games so far so I hope this game will be as enjoyable as other DVG products.

After re-reading the rules my guess would be that XP coins are somewhat special in this game. XP coins would define number of actions the player can carry out, so it is not only random card draw with random die roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.