Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Hudson
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping to stick close to the $30 number.

Any good suggestions on games to get in that price range?

Here is my current amazon wish list:
http://amzn.com/w/AR5S4SLZD5LY?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20

Here is my current list of games that I own:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/jimmyhudson?own...

Anything that you'd recommend in that price range that isn't on my list? Or a game on my list that I should buy now?

Thanks for any suggestions. You guys are awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hudson
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked up Alien Frontiers. Not sure where to start with expansions. Anything worth picking up there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, excelent choice! Alien Frontiers is my favorite game (I prefer it over Kingsburg). For anyone not familiar with it, check out my review for more info!
Though you likely have 4th edition (look for the Game Salute Logo on the box), but if not consider the Alien Frontiers: Upgrade Pack, which contains what equates to 4th edition components. Talking expansions there's only one right now, Alien Frontiers: Factions, and an extension for that expansion, Alien Frontiers: Faction Pack #1. Faction packs 2-4 are due out this November along with a new stand alone expansion, Alien Frontiers: Outer Belt.

I also noticed that you have Survive: Escape from Atlantis!, have you considered any of the expansions, if you play with 5 or 6, the 5-6 player expansion takes care of that! We love playing with a full complement of players, CHAOS! We also enjoy the Survive: Escape from Atlantis! Dolphins & Dive Dice Mini Extension. We don't really care for the Survive: Escape from Atlantis! The Giant Squid Mini Expansion.

Also consider the different TtR map packs, there's four of them now and each one adds something different, again, if you play with 6 players check out Map Pack 1.

One last expansion to mention Space Cadets: Dice Duel – Die Fighter! Looks pretty cool.

And for a recommendation for a full game, check out Alhambra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Barlowe
United States
Clarks Summit
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's two:

Innovation

Impulse

Great value's, both. A lot to explore for the $.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hudson
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xgamerms999 wrote:
Ah, excelent choice! Alien Frontiers is my favorite game (I prefer it over Kingsburg). For anyone not familiar with it, check out my review for more info!
Though you likely have 4th edition (look for the Game Salute Logo on the box), but if not consider the Alien Frontiers: Upgrade Pack, which contains what equates to 4th edition components. Talking expansions there's only one right now, Alien Frontiers: Factions, and an extension for that expansion, Alien Frontiers: Faction Pack #1. Faction packs 2-4 are due out this November along with a new stand alone expansion, Alien Frontiers: Outer Belt.

Thanks. That does clear it up. I do have the newest version so I can skip the upgrade pack. I wasn't sure on the factions because I did see the Factions Pack #1. That got me confused. Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pas L
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Nothing will come of nothing.
badge
Speak again.
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmyhudson wrote:
Hoping to stick close to the $30 number.

Any good suggestions on games to get in that price range?

Here is my current amazon wish list:
http://amzn.com/w/AR5S4SLZD5LY?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20

Here is my current list of games that I own:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/jimmyhudson?own...

Anything that you'd recommend in that price range that isn't on my list? Or a game on my list that I should buy now?

Thanks for any suggestions. You guys are awesome.

Why did I click that link? Why did I have to remind myself how much cheaper games are in the US...

Buy them all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VivaJava: The Coffee Game: The Dice Game is on a Amazon for exactly 30. Really good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovation, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Ascension: Apprentice Edition, perhaps even two of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.