Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Sorenson
United States
Springfield
VT: VERMONT
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just got a copy of the basic game and am overwhelmed by the amount of crap that I am wading through just to figure out what errata is needed for the base game. (I have NO LOVE for the sprawling nature of these Kickstarter games that come out of the gate with 47 expansions on Day 1.)

I've downloaded the updated rules (1.1) but I have no idea which counter sheet update files I need to download and/or what else I might be overlooking in Scope Creep: The Game.

So, apart from the revised rules, what other files are needed to get up to speed with the basic set?

Thanks, mamajammas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Doyle

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should be good.

The only mis-prints I can think of are one of the US and one of the German platoons have the wrong names printed on the two Lt. counters. Parks for Jones. Something along that line.

There was also one counter dropped from the set. A 10 point objective counter. The scenario book says remove it, but its already gone.

If there is anything else, I haven't encountered it yet.

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Jones
United States
edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah don't worry too much about the errata on the tiles if you are just playing the base game. It's not that big of a deal. They bigger issue is just that first edition rulebook and the vague explanations of some of the rules. Tutorial videos can really help with a lot of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kakupacal wrote:
I have NO LOVE for the sprawling nature of these Kickstarter games that come out of the gate with 47 expansions on Day 1.

Amen to that brother...I actually decided against backing the latest KS because it has become so sprawling in scope. I asked myself what am I doing spending $300 US on this! I have not even played through all the base game scenarios yet. Sometimes the more a KS gives the less appealing I find it. I sat out the first KS and am quite content with what I received and when I received it through the retail channel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Robinson
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only other thing I think needs to be fixed is the passenger number from a 1 to a 2 on the Willy's jeep.

This makes it so you can actually carry a token worth of soldiers without them having been wounded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The leaders names are wrong in the scenarios. Just use the leader with the same stats. And yes the Jeep has the wrong passenger value.

I think there are a couple of the scout troops that have the reverse of the counter rotated 180 degrees - definitely not a showstopper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Sorenson
United States
Springfield
VT: VERMONT
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks for the various heads-up(s), folks!

I'll try and dig into this one over the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Also: GameDev&Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly enough I have a Lt. Jones on my counter-sheets but I have no idea where he is from. So I have both a Lt. Jones AND a Lt. Parks - I was trying to get into scenario 1 and downloaded the errata sheet - but my Lt. Jones already looks to be identical to the one on the errata sheet - i don`t get it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.