8 Posts

Quantum» Forums » General

Subject: Essen '14 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello
Will there be any new things for Quantum on Spiel '14. Maybe an expension or some map tiles or german rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Maulwurff
msg tools
Any news on Quantum being available at Essen '14? German version in development?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I love this game so much that an expansion would be an instant buy... But this is one of this game that I think is almost impossible to expand. The formula is perfect as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vandeweyer
Belgium
Haaltert
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awaiting an official expansion you can always try this fan expansion:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/104335/quantum-anomali...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshimon wrote:
I love this game so much that an expansion would be an instant buy... But this is one of this game that I think is almost impossible to expand. The formula is perfect as it is.

It isn't impossible to expand at all. Different space tiles with additional powers and effects, like The Void, and you're already half-way there. Add in a number of instant power and permanent power cards, and there's another half. You don't even need to tweak the base formula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
New cards could be fun but they already gave a fair bit of powers that are well balanced. Could be hard to bring new stuff on the table.
As for new tiles, I don't know. I like the chess feel of the game, it could be more distracting then engaging to have a lot of new tiles with special effects. I didn't tried the void though. I bought it with the game and forgot it in France. I wait to have something worthwhile to add to have it sent it back to me. I'm not sure I really want to play with it in fact. Is it a good addition ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshimon wrote:
New cards could be fun but they already gave a fair bit of powers that are well balanced. Could be hard to bring new stuff on the table.
As for new tiles, I don't know. I like the chess feel of the game, it could be more distracting then engaging to have a lot of new tiles with special effects. I didn't tried the void though. I bought it with the game and forgot it in France. I wait to have something worthwhile to add to have it sent it back to me. I'm not sure I really want to play with it in fact. Is it a good addition ?

It actually is. It's not needed for the game at all, but an expansion should be something that is not needed, but is there to add more spice to the game. Tiles and game setups like this would be great if provided by an expansion.

Quantum is designed by a Eric Zimmerman, a really smart guy who has taught game design for years and it really shows. The base game is perfect as is. But an expansion would spice the game up for hardcore fans.

But the main problem with Quantum is that it got some notable negative feedback due to component quality early on and it didn't get a lot of publicity prior to being released. This game was recently praised at Secret Cabal podcast, a lot of months after it was released, and no one knew of the games existence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will try to get the tile sent as soon as possible. In fact I am waiting for the replacement dice because I have the feeling that they won't send it in Japan where I live, but in France where I bought the game. Which is fair I guess. So I'm thinking to have the void and the dice send it together by my family back to France.

The dice episode is very sad for the game because it did bring bad publicity around a game where component quality play a great role. People don't want to risk money in a game where you can have very bad dice and I understand this. The game is still that awesome that I bought it knowing the dice will likely be bad. I hope to have the dice replaced but even if it's not the case, I'm having so much fun with it that I can go beyond that.

You are very right on the fact that the designer must be a very clever person to come up with that a good game. He can surely come with great additions that I am not able to imagine. You are pointing at the fact that the game is perhaps not as a success to have an expansion but I feel that it has more potential and could be hitting again with 2.0 version with new dices and some corrections on cards and rules. We should try to bring as much as quantum love as possible around...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.