B-17: Queen of the Skies» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Request permission to join the squadron rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Gorman
United States
California
flag msg tools
I never knew this existed I still have my original B17 Queen of the skies.
I will take any squadron any position. My Ladies name is "Lucky Clucky".
Thanks

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for egg laying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
digiartst wrote:
I never knew this existed I still have my original B17 Queen of the skies.
I will take any squadron any position. My Ladies name is "Lucky Clucky".
Thanks

James

At the moment the 281st BG is on hiatus until January 2015. However, you can fly any of the previous 150 missions for practice - all of the mission details are listed with each mission post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
digiartst wrote:
I never knew this existed I still have my original B17 Queen of the skies. I will take any squadron any position. My Ladies name is "Lucky Clucky".
Thanks
James

James, welcome to the group! As mentioned we are on an extended break until 2015. Our commander was sent on an undercover mission to learn all he can about German subs. So far I hear all he's learned is how to use the escape hatch. whistle At least so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi James,
Yes welcome to the 281st BG(H). As others have stated we are on an extended break, mostly for my sanity, and will pick up at the start of 2015. For the time being you could play out any of the first 150 missions to get a feel for our style of missions. I try to fashion them to match the historical missions where enemy resistance, flak, bomb loads and weather are preset as well as special events added at times. I use three resources to get the feel for our missions.

You can poke around the last "Bomber Group News" thread where you will find links to all of our relevant post including house rules and past missions. I would also suggest reading some of the mission post and the banter between the players to get the flavor of this GREAT group of gamers. Though some players are very detailed in their After Action Reports (AAR) you are not required to be this in depth to play. Though this detail will make for a better experience for everyone playing or just following.

Your squadron will be assigned when the time comes to start back up. I like to keep squadrons balanced with the same number of active players. Makes for a better experience for everyone as we take turns being lead or tail bomber in the squadrons.

Looking forward to your participatin in our little band of gamers!
Jim P mb

StocktonDave wrote:
James, ...Our commander was sent on an undercover mission to learn all he can about German subs. So far I hear all he's learned is how to use the escape hatch. whistle At least so far.

Really!? you guys have not lost your edge in the past nine months. shake

But yes I have an intimate knowledge of the escape procedure of both the Type VIII and Type IX submarines. Almost as well as the bailout procedures of a B-17 Flying Fortress. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carter
United States
Forestdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance I can join the squadron? It looks really fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
281st Bombardment Group (Heavy) Scheduled to reactivate in January 2015.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.