Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nez, Maginos, and Tilda attempted to rescue Lily (their second attempt), but ultimately fell short. They had great luck in dispatching their foes and racing to the trapped Lily, but while Lily was able to hold off the roaches with an ample supply of cheese, she had a tough time dispatching them. Lily was in good shape even once the Rat Warriors turned their blades towards her and Nez managed to crush the foul Skitter Clak after his powerful Thundersqueak dispatched all of the lesser foes. However, the spider that soon climbed over the corpse of Skitter Clak proved to be too much (actually all the heroes were fine health wise, but when my son rolled the 2 defense dice for the spider it came up 2 cheese and filled up the wheel triggering the last surge that moved the marker and did us in).

We rolled cheese all around this session, triggering multiple surges and finally reaching the end marker unfortunately on the last tile. We tried to save our cheese for Tilda to use to heal us, but maybe we should have leveled up instead, though I don't know what abilities we could have taken that would have made a difference. I think the decision to have Tilda stay behind Nez and just provide healing on the last tile may have been a bad choice. It allowed Skitter Clak and the other enemies to focus on Nez and Lily, which was good since Nez can't be stunned. On the other hand, with a little more offense we might have been able to take the minions out quicker. Maginos seemed to have a lot of trouble hitting too unfortunately. I'd consider switching him out for Filch, but then we'd have no ranged attacks, plus my son likes playing Maginos.

My son has never been so excited about losing a game before!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you had a great time! Chapter 2 has a shorter track, was there ever any chance for Roachmaster? if an encounter card comes up and places 4+ roaches, to me, it's always worth having 1 char dispatch them solo. If they're low on the track, Filch with a dagger. Thundersqueak? Aw yeah. Chain lightning? Zap.

Filch is also great for taking out rats and removing cheese from the wheel. Again, this chapter has little time to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I think one card came up as 4 roaches, but since you don't put one of those out and instead place 1 roach on the final tile with Lily, there was no way to get it.

Since my son was playing Maginos, he took Invisibility at his last level up. We probably should have gone with Chain Lightning, but he's more worried about not taking hits. I might try it with Filch next time instead of Nez, but that would make Skitter Clak much tougher too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time that I played this chapter I was very confused and just put a roach for every spawn on Lily's tile where they piled up. Until I double checked the description, I didn't realize that Lily and the roaches move on every turn. So she is attacking the roaches and they are closing on her at the same time that the mice are making their way. And of course any cheese that the roaches roll goes to Lily not the wheel. From your description I wasn't sure if you made a mistake with the setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any cheese the roaches roll in defense from Lily's Bow go to Lily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lily wasn't hitting anything so there wasn't a lot of defense being rolled on the roaches part there. Yes, we were having the roaches on her tile move and attack though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Mulholland
South Africa
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always role defence for minions, even when we would def kill/miss. I do this for the sole purpose of populating the cheese track (or in this case, pumping Lily).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything I've seen said you don't roll defense if there's no chance of a hit. Otherwise you're just speeding up a potential loss due to surges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.