Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I only played Ret 1 or 2 times when I was new to the game, this was just after his release to the stores.
Being new to the game I found it too hard to keep the right cards in my discard pile.
I am far better at this game now and would like to bring Ret back out, I would like advice for keeping my discard pile stocked with zombies and others for the raise/greater raise ability.

Do you folks just take what you get or do you try to build magic kill units in the right order for these events/abilities.

This seems tedious, and a cause for major AP.

PS I don't dislike Ret, in fact I am loving Mad Sirian and figure I would now feel different about Ret Talus at this point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not too complicated. For the first half of your deck or so, you should build for magic all Zombie Warriors and most Reapers, summoning Skeletal Archers and champions. Then play situationally from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My philosophy with Ret is kill all living things -- wait, no, that's his philosophy. Ideally you want to build every single common as magic, unless you have a great reason to hard-summon it. This is true for any deck, but with Ret it's even more important since it's cheaper to RAISE the 2 costers than to hard-summon them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.