Subject: Iguk.co.uk - what a damn online shop.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin
mbmbmbmbmb

I've ordered many games from IGUK and had no problems. Good prices and always sent out promptly. I do recall from previous threads that they do have the odd error and aren't the quickest at sorting it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually pretty good. Have had an order go missing and they were a bit slow to respond but sorted it out no probs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Jacques
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
never had any issues .. order most of my stuff from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert wilson
United Kingdom
PENARTH
VALE OF GLAMORGAN
flag msg tools
Hello Ramos
Sorry to hear that your order has not arrived. Overseas airmail orders to Portugal can take up to 20 working days. I can confirm that your order was dispatched on 15-07-14 by Royal Mail Airmail. There is no tracking with Standard Airmail.
If you were not at home when the delivery was attempted, the parcel is very likely to be held at your local National Postal Office. You may like to check with your local National Post Office to see if the package is being held, awaiting collection.
Postal staff do not always leave a “Sorry You Were Out” note when customers are not at home when they try to deliver.
You may also like to check if the postman has left the package with a neighbour. We will resend or refund the item if it does not arrive within this time-frame.
Thank you for your assistance.

Rob
IGUK Webteam
www.iguk.co.uk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert wilson
United Kingdom
PENARTH
VALE OF GLAMORGAN
flag msg tools
Order refunded in full 28-07-2014 - lost in post or in transit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert wilson
United Kingdom
PENARTH
VALE OF GLAMORGAN
flag msg tools
Hello Antonio

The refund is issued to which ever payment method you used - if you used a bank card it goes back on the bank card - the payment may not show in your account for 24 hours but it has been issued. Please contact your bank to confirm the payment has been credited. I have sent you proof and a Transaction ID that the refund payment has been issued.

Rob IGUK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
António

You have to realise that when a parcel is sent by Royal Mail (or indeed by any national postal service) the actual delivery is made by the LOCAL post office (or contracted carrier if different) in the destination country. It's not the same as sending by e.g. DHL or UPS where they carry the parcel from origin to destination.

That doesn't mean the sender isn't responsible for safe delivery - they are - just that it can be more variable using postal services. IGUK appear to have accepted responsibility and refunded you (as they are obliged to do under EU DSRs).

One can most certainly criticise 'boilerplate' auto-responses as being quite dismissive and an example of inadequate commitment to good customer service and I would be unimpressed if I got one, and very unimpressed if I got a second - that's the sort of "service" we expect - and detest - from the utility companies who explain they are experiencing unanticipated demand (which they have been unable to anticipate for the past 5 years) and they will endeavour to get in touch within 7 days!!

I am not for one moment suggesting the Portuguese Post Office is any less than 100% perfect or any less diligent and speedy than Royal Mail, but there are some countries where delivery takes substantially longer than others - and that's probably not entirely or even significantly caused by delays in this (the sending) country, nor even in transit to far-away destinations (except where several multi-modal transitions are involved). It's most likely caused by the receiving, handling and delivery processes in the destination country. A combination of consecutive weekends at key points in the chain and local holidays can easily add a week (if not more) to the expected transit times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.