Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where the Attack Wing items start and D&D RPG minis begin, but here they are courtesy of Crit to hit. Looks like all the metallics are being made, but I thought Bahumat was the Platnium dragon, not navy blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may just buy these for the minis! Forget the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lauritsen
United States
Michigan City
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hector131 wrote:
I may just buy these for the minis! Forget the game!

Ha! I was thinking the same thing already as I was scroll down through the pictures before I even got to your comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Trinket
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These look amazing! I read on the Wizards site that these are part of the new Forgotten Realms story arc 'Tyranny of Dragons'. So they are also for the new RPG. I'm pretty sure the round/black based minis are for the campaign and the square/clear bases are for Attack Wing. Bring on November!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gryps
Greece
flag msg tools
Really slow painter...
badge
Gryphus Graecus
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it true that Tiamat and Bahamut on round black bases for DDM: Icons for the Realms / Tyranny of Dragons will be released on their own box as special miniatures?

While Tiamat and Bahamut on square clear bases for D&D: Attack Wing will be sold as store event promotion?

Also what / who is the gold (?) dragon on the big round black base on the first photo?
Will he also be released for D&D:AW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No more info has been released on Tiamat & Bahumat since the last thread, maybe when we get closer to Gen Con.

The larger of the two dragons in the first picture (I'm guessing it's a Brass dragon based on the head) looks like it's bigger than the standard Attack Wing dragon, which I'm guessing is the size of the smaller (bronze?) dragon.

A good metallic dragon was hinted at by Andrew for series three, but the color wasn't disclosed. If it is the Brass, they're may be new rules for the larger model.

All of this is pure guessing of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dominguez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I think its fair to assume that all the dragon/flying figures will be released for Attack Wing. One model for two games is a good business strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gryps
Greece
flag msg tools
Really slow painter...
badge
Gryphus Graecus
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald, you are a hero!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ICv2 says the large Brass (which thy call gold) will be a case incentive for the RPG minis

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/29235.html

That could mean it won't show up in AW for a while, why spend the money on a case when you can buy it out right? It also may confirm it's on a huge base, all the dragon incentive figures for Pathfinder minis are huge figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gryps
Greece
flag msg tools
Really slow painter...
badge
Gryphus Graecus
mbmbmbmbmb
So for the time being, we are looking forward for the following 14 dragons for D&D Miniatures, also known or expected to be released with different bases for D&D Attack Wing:

Red, Blue, Copper (AW Starter)
Green (AW Wave 1)
Black Shadow (AW Wave 2)
Silver?
Gold?
Bronze?
Brass? (Large Base, D&D Minis: Icons of Realms / Tyranny of Dragons Case Incentive)
Bahamut (Large Base)
White (Large Base, AW Organized Play Month One LE Prize)
Brass (Large Base, AW Organized Play Month Two LE Prize)
Bronze (Large Base, AW Organized Play Month Three LE Prize)
Tiamat (Large Base, AW Organized Play LE Promo / optional Grand Prize)

Expect all colours and metals to be represented at least once (by age / size) in game.

Also, there seems to be a Red Dragonkin / Half-Dragon / Wingless Draconian on some of the pictures above...

Please do correct or add to the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the "prize" miniatures eventually available for regular purchase ?
How does it work for Star Trek ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gryps
Greece
flag msg tools
Really slow painter...
badge
Gryphus Graecus
mbmbmbmbmb
raviv wrote:

From what is already known, the same miniatures will eventually be released and used for both systems (D&D Miniatures: Icons of the Realms / Tyranny of Dragons and D&D Attack Wing) but obviously on different bases.
Note, all current photos depict Dragons on flying pegs, so they can be easily used for both systems.

Only D&D:AW will be supported by in-store organized play and six monthly prizes.
These are supposed to be Limited Edition and will be given strictly as prizes to monthly winners by store games organizers. These are not expected to be sold.

Tiamat for AW is supposed to be given as promos per store to attract players for the organized events. It is up to the store to either give AW Tiamat as a Grand Prize after six months of play or to sell it to customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
msg tools
mbmb
raviv wrote:
How does it work for Star Trek ?

Most, but not all prize minis have been / are planned for release with a different stat set / different cards. Not all have been released or are on any planned schedule to be, but over half have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few more, very high resolution (although not always in focus), images here: http://suvudu.com/2014/07/heres-your-sneak-peek-at-new-drago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.