Subject: Retreating to a Space you "Control"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Norton
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game of this. Loving it. One question came up in our session. When retreating from a sea battle, the rules state you can retreat to an adjacent sea-space, or a space you control. That last bit is what threw us. Can you just warp halfway across the Cyclades if you control a sea-space on the far side of the board? Or is this just some confusing wording?

Land battle retreats are straight forward enough.

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you retreat adjacently, just ether to open sea, or a spot where you already have boats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Norton
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay. That makes sense. When interpreted literally the rule made it seem like lightspeed warping was possible. This makes retreating much more dangerous and bidding more exciting. Because if I am forced to retreat and the next bidding round that same opponent wins Poseidon, he can just move in and finish me off.

And now I'm rambling. Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MichaƂ M
Poland
flag msg tools
Nathertater wrote:
Ah, okay. That makes sense. When interpreted literally the rule made it seem like lightspeed warping was possible. This makes retreating much more dangerous and bidding more exciting. Because if I am forced to retreat and the next bidding round that same opponent wins Poseidon, he can just move in and finish me off.

And now I'm rambling. Thanks for the reply!

He can finish you off same round just by paying 1 more GP for each ship you have left. He can also block your retreat posisions by speading his ships.

Now I don't have time to search the answer but wasn't somere stated that you cannot retreat to a sea space from which attacking ships were coming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.