Hal
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played a couple of rounds as a warm up for a full game this weekend. I came away with a couple of questions about party leaders:

When do party leaders change? Do they change immediately at any point when another statesman of the same party becomes more popular? I thought it might only be in The People phase as that was where the rules were given?

When a card says "2 Influence Points to Conservative Party leader", does that 2 IP go onto the statesman card of the Conservative party leader, or into the supply of they player controlling him? I wasn't sure as other cards use the phrasing "recieves x IP onto his card".

Also, one I guess we could probably just decide on I suppose, but can you show other players your action cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
upandawaygames.com
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hal_7297108 wrote:
We've played a couple of rounds as a warm up for a full game this weekend. I came away with a couple of questions about party leaders:

When do party leaders change? Do they change immediately at any point when another statesman of the same party becomes more popular? I thought it might only be in The People phase as that was where the rules were given?
Hi Anthony, thanks for the questions. Good question; you force me to think about it. Yes, the idea is that it changes immediately. I guess you can think of it as the "man of the moment". In case of race conditions on Issues, award (or deduct) Popularity first and then perform the rest of the Issue instructions.

Quote:
When a card says "2 Influence Points to Conservative Party leader", does that 2 IP go onto the statesman card of the Conservative party leader, or into the supply of they player controlling him? I wasn't sure as other cards use the phrasing "recieves x IP onto his card".
Yes, right onto the Statesman card. Most of the time there's very little space for instructions on the card; hence the brevity.

Quote:
Also, one I guess we could probably just decide on I suppose, but can you show other players your action cards?
Yes, feel free to show them. Otherwise players end up having the walk away from the table and that always tends to slow play way down.

By the way, I'll add these to the FAQ, which is available at the mailing list: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FoundingFathersGame/info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grand, thanks Rick!

Quote:
Yes, right onto the Statesman card. Most of the time there's very little space for instructions on the card; hence the brevity.

Okay, that makes sense. Last two questions I think. So, if I read the cards right, the only time players receive IP directly (not put on a statesman) is their 1 IP they get in The People phase, and whatever IP they start the game with? And it is only IP owned directly by the player that can be traded?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
upandawaygames.com
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I can't think of any Action cards that do, so yes, those must be the ways, although getting IP from another player's supply as part of a deal would be a third way (as you anticipate in the second question). Unless I think up some new Action cards later.

2. Yes, although the President (or VP when acting on the President's behalf) can give IP to a current Issue's responsible officer, which is a transfer, if not really a trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heli wrote:

2. Yes, although the President (or VP when acting on the President's behalf) can give IP to a current Issue's responsible officer, which is a transfer, if not really a trade.

Ahhhh, I had missed that the President could transfer IP to the relevant officer holder. Thanks Rick, all good to go now I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
upandawaygames.com
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear that most of the rules are comprehensible at least.

Noticed that you tried the game in a pub! Sounds very cool. We played in a cafe the other day. Several people walking by seeing the game and hearing us talking about historical issues were quite interested in finding out what it was all about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Cammisa
Italy
Monza
MB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anthony, I see you played another game. Any feedbacks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Session report submitted! We had a good time, although the same cannot be said for the economy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.