15 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Collective OP1 Federation Build rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Bryer
msg tools
List Name

Resource: Flagship Independent (Romulan) (10)

U.S.S Sutherland (26)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Flagship (0)
Red Alert (2)
Mr. Spock (5)
Montgomery Scott (5)
Ship SP: 44

U.S.S. Defiant (24)
Benjamin Sisko (4)
Lojour (2)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Ship SP: 36

Total Build SP: 90

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

The idea would be to have one Torp Boat(defiant) and one bruiser(Sutherland) For reason I don't have access to voyager or Enterprise D so please don't suggest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carpenter
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tiamat101 wrote:
List Name

U.S.S Sutherland (26)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Flagship (0)
Red Alert (2)
Mr. Spock (5)
Montgomery Scott (5)

U.S.S. Defiant (24)
Benjamin Sisko (4)
Lojour (2)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)

The idea would be to have one Torp Boat(defiant) and one bruiser(Sutherland) For reason I don't have access to voyager or Enterprise D so please don't suggest.

I'm guessing Scan - Scotty as your actions on Sutherland? My only issue is that sustained fire on Sutherland while you are Scotty-ing can cause your death in one turn against a two high attack value ship build.

Scotty stopped being super useful in the meta when natural 6 attack ships came into the fore because losing two shields could mean the difference between life or death. I might consider replacing him with Admiral Kirk on the Defiant, to increase the likelihood of an Alpha Strike with a skill 8 Sisko and give yourself some upgrade disabling abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
Why you are using the Ind Romulan flag ship? It doesn't seem to add to the build to me over one of the other flagships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ColCarp wrote:
Tiamat101 wrote:
List Name

U.S.S Sutherland (26)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Flagship (0)
Red Alert (2)
Mr. Spock (5)
Montgomery Scott (5)

U.S.S. Defiant (24)
Benjamin Sisko (4)
Lojour (2)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)

I'm guessing Scan - Scotty as your actions on Sutherland? My only issue is that sustained fire on Sutherland while you are Scotty-ing can cause your death in one turn against a two high attack value ship build.

Scotty stopped being super useful in the meta when natural 6 attack ships came into the fore because losing two shields could mean the difference between life or death. I might consider replacing him with Admiral Kirk on the Defiant, to increase the likelihood of an Alpha Strike with a skill 8 Sisko and give yourself some upgrade disabling abilities.

Ok, so Sutherland gives you the effect of a target lock without actually needing to take one at range 3. The Flagship gives it a battlestations free every turn regardless of range. Picard does a scan and the ship does scott. So you fire off 6 dice with a battlestations you use for defense and Spock for the effect of a battlestations in attack with a possible reroll which isn't bad, and the Sutherland is durable. No rear arc though or 180 arc up front (which is LESS than it should have). The defiant gives you two shots of slightly modified dice without an action. You can take battlestations the first time you fire (and the second since Lojur gives you two) then you need to re-enable the torpedoes and/or Lojur.

Not a bad balanced build. Defiant has 2 defense dice plus 1 for the flagship if it is close enough. The Sutherland has 2 (including 1 for the flagship).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bryer
msg tools
The idea would be to have one torpedo boat(Defiant) and one sustainable high attack dice ship. While still being able to maintaining a solid defense. Giving the defiant 3 defense and giving the Sutherland a free battle stations to go with its already good mods to attack.

I am also working with a shared pool of cards and ships hence why i can't use voyager/enterprise D. as they are already being used by someone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bryer
msg tools
List Name

U.S.S. Defiant (24)
Benjamin Sisko (4)
Lojour (2)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)

U.S.S Excelsior (26)
Federation Captain (0)
Flagship (0)
Mr. Spock (5)
Dmitri Valtane (3)
Montgomery Scott (5)
Tom Paris (4)
Ship SP: 43

Total Build SP: 89

Turns out we don't have the sutherland. So a slightly modified build around the same idea. Excelsior Attacking at 6 with 2 attack rerolls and a free battlestations from spock and the flagship allows me to use my battlestations on def at 3 and the defiant is still defending at 3.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chappell
msg tools
mbmbmb
The level 1 Captain seems low, and as you cannot use the same Scan for both Spock and Valtane IIRC might want to drop one of them to swap in a different Captain... Otherwise very similar to how I run the Excelsior... Oh, though I typically have a Torpedo of some sort on her...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bryer
msg tools
Neither valtane or Spock requires that you discard or use your scan token only that you HAVE one next to your ship. Why wouldn't they both work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chappell
msg tools
mbmbmb
On mobile device, but pretty sure that was one that was in the FAQ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bryer
msg tools
Ahh I found it now. So I was able to re-adjust a bit.

Currently after the re-work I'm trying to decide between Tuvok or Bio-neural curcuitry.

List Name

U.S.S. Defiant (24)
Benjamin Sisko (4)
Lojour (2)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Bio-Neural Circuitry (5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bryer
msg tools
List Name

U.S.S. Defiant (24)
Benjamin Sisko (4)
Lojour (2)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Bio-Neural Circuitry (5)
Ship SP: 41

U.S.S Excelsior (26)
Christopher Pike (4)
Flagship (0)
Montgomery Scott (4)
Dmitri Valtane (2)
Worf (2)
Ship SP: 38

Total Build SP: 89

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over Dog
msg tools
I was thinking of this Voyager Dreadnaught build. Very tough and defensive with a punch and very nice against the borg. Against the borg I have 5 defense dice and can re-roll blanks, and if the opportunity presents itself I can activate Sulu to push it 7 dice with a free conversion of BS to Evade. Couple with Ablative Armor and Cheat Death and I see lots of good defensive tools. I have enough upgrades that I can resist the borg a few times and my plan is to get up close so I can use Kirk if need be to disable pesky upgrades on enemy ships. I thought about switching Sulu for Worf to make it more offensive and get the most out the transphasic but I am not sure.

List Name

USS Voyager (30)
Khan Singh (5)
Flagship (0)
Cheat Death (5)
Red Alert (2)
Adm. James T. Kirk (5)
Tom Paris (4)
Elizabeth Shelby (2)
Hikaru Sulu (3)
Joachim (4)
Transphasic Torpedoes (10)
Ablative Generator (10)
Ship SP: 80

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Bryer
msg tools
List Name

U.S.S Excelsior (26)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Flagship (0)
Feint (4)
Montgomery Scott (5)
Janice Rand (2)
Dmitri Valtane (3)
Boheeka (3)
Ship SP: 49

U.S.S. Equinox (20)
Christopher Pike (4)
Lojour (1)
Quantum Torpedoes (6)
Ship SP: 31

Night before Trying to squeeze out any idea's i can before the event.

Obviously Equinox is just there to get a load of Quants off and finish off what ever the Excelsior almost killed.

excelsior will take a Scan/Scott action, and if I am attacking into a cloaked ship I can use rand to make the ship defending at 4 less(2 scan and 2 from elite) And i get to hit at 6 dice with 2 rerolls 1 mod and cna always use battlestations from Flagship. So I should hit 5/6 and they wont be able to defend at all vs it. Which should mean majority of a ships hp even at Range 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Staples
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
I honestly liked the excelsior and defiant combo better.

I would roughly run them in this set up.
Excelsior

Mr.Spock (crew) to play off the free scan youcan receive.
Independent flagship evade which grants the defiant a second action

Defiant
Picard
Tuvok
Quantum torps

That's the base you should go and then flesh out the remaining points.
This build will keep the defiant firing torps every round with battle stations while the excelsior receives free scan free evade and choices target lock or uses a crew action. Mr Spock is the living breathing battle stations crew! This set up will have you hitting harder then what you are currently planning to run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gray
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here is a Collective OP 1 Borg Build

Non-Faction Pure

[46] Tactical Cube 138
[07] Jean-Luc Picard [Federation]
[03] Qapla' [Klingon]
[07] Borg Ablative Hull Armor
[07] Borg Ablative Hull Armor
[02] Shroud [Dominion]
[03] Tracktor Beam [Vulcan]
[02] Aft Particle Beam [Vulcan]
[06] Borg Missile
[05] B'Elanna Torres [Federation]

Total Build SP: 88

Discard:
• Qapla'
• Shroud
• B'Elanna Torres
• Tracktor Beam
• Aft Particle Beam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.