Henning Nagel
Germany
Potsdam
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We would both like to say thanks. We would also like to see if there is a need to do this scenario again but adding the actual mechanical actions and die rolls in this training scenario. We would of coarse embelish our characters into the game as we feel that's half the reason players play anything (our points of view).

Hello Joey,

we have to thank you for the great Session Report.

I would like to read another Report. The Description of the Game Mechanics would help those People, who do not know the Rules (like me), to understand the Constraints for both Players and those who want to learn the Rules (in Addition to your Thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1200235/example-play-us-...).

Regards,
Henning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Guerin
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Joey,

I enjoyed reading your reports very much.

I pre-ordered Atlantic Wall and am still waiting for it. Based on what I discover with AW, I'll probably pick up Hurtgen and WaRII after that.

Following your AARs is giving me a sense of the type of game I'm getting. I've read the GOSS rules, but the AAR puts meat on the bones, as it were.

Great stuff. I'd like to read more and, if you could, put some game details in among the narrative, explaining why certain moves were made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunny1 wrote:
...and that's not easy with only goat trails to walk on.

...don't forget to apply that constricted terrain modifier....

Fantastic job with the play through; it has helped me enormously to follow along and correct my mistakes in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin
mbmbmbmbmb

It's put a game/series on the map that I never would have looked at before. Many thanks for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunny1 wrote:
Ashiefan wrote:

It's put a game/series on the map that I never would have looked at before. Many thanks for that.

You're all too kind. modest
I've gone video and submitted a video version. This should help with explaining the details a bit better.

Now we talkin!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Franke
United States
Elkton
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome read.
I am sure some people need and want the more technical aspects. That isn't what kept me reading. The almost inside picture of the divisional H.Q. and the regimental commanders requests and and attitudes were great. I think you did a great job with the Character of Genral Cota. ( my favorite and most read about divisional commander) so please do include the game related facts but don't interrupt the narrative. Place it either before or after the dice rolls etc.. As you have done.
Supreme Effort Gentlemen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.