Subject: Announced at SDCC: DBZ CCG is being REVIVED!! (Not a hoax!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/a-legend-retur...

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/panini-america...

My god, this is a beautiful thing.

As a younger player that came in a little late on MTG (4th ed), did some casual playing at the beginning of Pokemon, this game was my FIRST full bore game. This came out at the time when I was fresh out of High School and getting into the world when I had enough money to spend on the hobby of gaming. While my favorite will still always be Yu Yu Hakusho, just because I was so much better at it, DBZ is a huge part of my early adulthood. I am so stoked to see this coming back. I've got a half dozen buddies at the con on alert to grab promos for me, and I'll be down there on Saturday to check it out first hand.

Kudos to the legendary Aik for doing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Green
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait! This game WAS my High School years. The new version looks streamlined and improved. I've got the SDCC Promos on their way and I'll be pushing it hard at our shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eagerly awaiting more news on this. Played this heavily back in the day. Looking forward to playing this again. Pity it has not been a more advertised release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sirron Young
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I've heard is that the game has been released in the states? Surprisingly enough though I haven't seen anyone create an item on this site for it yet. Worse yet I haven't seen really any place carry it yet in Canada...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It came out last Friday.

As to BGG, I'm not totally surprised. The crowd here leans toward the non-collectible crowd. And I've heard of people finding it in Canada, but I'm guessing limited release maybe? Check with your FLGS. I don't think they are putting it in retail. At least I haven't heard about any plans to do that yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Larsen
United States
Bedford
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boosters have sold out at my FLGS and the only have a few starters left. I played it for the first time this week and I really like it.
Though not tournament-legal, the new version is compatible with the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sirron Young
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was luckily able to buy 2 starters and 3 boosters so far. Definitely am loving the prism cards in the starters. Bad part is to have all 60 cards under 1 mastery in a supposedly legit deck would require definitely a purchase of more starters or boosters to make it happen. From my purchase I only have around 20~30 cards in each style...half the amount needed to make a deck. Of course, if you didn't care about the style type restriction then totally one can go ahead and game. I'll try to buy my hand at buying 2 more starters (in hopes of getting Goku, Piccolo or Gohan...for some reason I only got the villians Vegeta and Frieza...) and some more boosters.

I'll try to provide more information as I know more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, the initial investment on this game is a little steep. Probably $50-70 to get a legal deck together, and that's just minimal. You have to buy more to get a really streamlined deck built.

I bought one box of boosters at first (24 packs) and BARELY had enough cards to make a legal deck (Trunks or Ginyu 1-4 with Orange mastery), but I had to include 4-5 allies and all 7 dragonballs just to have enough cards. Got 2 decks since then and it's made my deck much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sirron Young
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryyder wrote:
Indeed, the initial investment on this game is a little steep. Probably $50-70 to get a legal deck together, and that's just minimal. You have to buy more to get a really streamlined deck built.

I bought one box of boosters at first (24 packs) and BARELY had enough cards to make a legal deck (Trunks or Ginyu 1-4 with Orange mastery), but I had to include 4-5 allies and all 7 dragonballs just to have enough cards. Got 2 decks since then and it's made my deck much better.

That's good to know. I'm going to try either a 3rd and/or 4th starter route and 3 more boosters and let you know the effect as well. Hopefully we can figure out a most streamlined method. But I think yours will probably get you more rares. Which characters did you get in your 2 decks? And if you don't mind me asking how much were the starters and booster box you found?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$16 per deck and $75 for the box. Actually, I got 3 decks. Forgot I picked one up on Friday.

Decks were Goku Orange (w/ level 2 piccolo alt), Krillin Black (w/ lvl 3 piccolo alt) and Piccolo Namekian (w/ Saiyan mastery alt). Only got Orange and Namekian mastery in my box, which I've heard is pretty sparse. Most people are finding 5-6 masteries in their boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sirron Young
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryyder wrote:
$16 per deck and $75 for the box. Actually, I got 3 decks. Forgot I picked one up on Friday.

Decks were Goku Orange (w/ level 2 piccolo alt), Krillin Black (w/ lvl 3 piccolo alt) and Piccolo Namekian (w/ Saiyan mastery alt). Only got Orange and Namekian mastery in my box, which I've heard is pretty sparse. Most people are finding 5-6 masteries in their boxes.

LOL. I have no clue...a whole box I'm thinking may cost me more money so wanted to save...heh.

I today just bought 2 more starters...each have been for $15. Boosters have been going for $4/pack. I envy you so much...I for some reason have only gotten in my first 2 starters the villians...argh. Not that they are bad...but I want the good guys....

So far in my 3 boosters that I first bought (I bought 3 more today that I haven't opened yet...I've attained one duplicate blue defense mastery since I got one from my starters already) and that's it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.