7 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dee's OPG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I use Dee's OPG to draw the three skill cards to put into the check, I can put them face up to use their ability, right? (eg Investigative Committee) Can that work if Political Prowress is drawn as one of the three to auto-pass a Brig test, or would I need to put them into my hand for a later test?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Q: Can Dee use interrupts drawn from her Fast Learner ability? The ability says 'before making a Skill Check' and interrupts say 'Play before cards are added'.
A: (Tim Uren, FFG, to Danath) Yes, if Dee uses her Fast Learner ability to add Skill Cards to her hand before a skill check, if any of those cards are playable before adding cards to a skill check, she would be able to use them on that same skill check.

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Battlestar_Galactica_FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mindy. I knew I read that somewhere. So, since the three cars all have to be played into the same skill check, would the other two yellow cards just be discarded if Political P. is used for its ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Dee can either take the cards to hand or add them to the check. So in this instance, she is taking the cards to hand and then can use them for their abilities (and can play them into the check later, if it still occurs, or keep them for later, they are just part of her hand at that point). If she chose to add them to the check, then she couldn't use them for their abilities and would have to add them to the check. Usually she would only do that if she is in the Brig and wants a way to get around the 1 card limitation. The great thing is that she gets to see the 3 cards before deciding which to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks! See you tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other reason Dee might put the cards directly into the check is to make it clear she's not spiking it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or if she is in the brig she can add all 3 to a check then still play 1 from her hand. Good for saving morale or cylon spiking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.