Subject: How to cancel pre-order? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Tuepah
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Unless I am blind, I didn't see any sort of shipping FAQ on Plaid Hat Games website that would detail anything about cancelling pre-orders.

I assume sending an email to mail@plaidhatgames.com would do the trick?

From what I have seen, Colby is very good with customer service needs, so someone else on here who has cancelled an order must be able to help me out. Or maybe Colby himself??

If only we didn't live on a budget....looking forward to picking this one up at a later date.

I apologize if this should be on a different discussion board. It seemed that this would at least get the most views.

Thanks everyone!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why cancel when in the future it will cost you $20 more? Just don't go to dinner one night or go to the movies and then you'll of paid for that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The email should do the trick if memory serves me correctly.

Good luck, we hate having to live on a budget around here as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have they dropped the $40 price yet?

I still haven't looked at it.

If it's the better price / time to get it and I'd be ok to take a look at it I would possibly be interested in picking it up if this is the time to order.

I haven't bothered since I assumed shipping and custom would be a bitch but I don't know how they deliver or what it will cost in stores really. I don't even know the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
Why cancel when in the future it will cost you $20 more? Just don't go to dinner one night or go to the movies and then you'll of paid for that game.

Not really, only if he orders it from Plaid Hat Games again. The OP is from Canada like myself so it's not as great as deal for us unless you must have it ASAP. I pre-ordered it from an online store here because it was still cheaper (even with the $20 discount), I could pay in Canadian funds and save on the exchange rate, and I can just include it with one of my other orders and save on shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devin ott
msg tools
mbmb
I'm so excited for the game! We all pre ordered and are stoked! Stop being b@&$%es and when it gets here it gets here. The complaining kills me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the pre-order for Europe has been stopped since the games got on the boat from China, some time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you cannot cancel, it shouldne be too hard to sell, especially with the promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
If you cannot cancel, it shouldne be too hard to sell, especially with the promo.

Agreed, you should not have any hard time selling the game in mint condition, even for a higher price than the pre-order.

But of course the game might suffer from a year-long preorder hype, everybody expects so much from the game that it just might disappoint and not be as good as expected. But once reviews start coming in, we might see Dead of Winter around for years to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
and not be as good as expected.

How can you say this! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Carter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame you live in Canada. If you were in UK I'd buy the pre-order off you at cost, and I already have my own pre-order!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not sure you really need to keep a shrink copy for antique value ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.