Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I provide below a synoposis of the action that occured over the first two hours of fighitng at Birkham Stokes. This is an edited version of a post I made over on Consimworld.

Since this was my initial game, I didn't waste too much time fiddling with the set up. I put some extra units in the church, ready to move in whatever direction was needed. I had three hours of preparation before the battle began, which aded a few items to the church space.

The Germans appeared first from the west, a stack of 5 airborne troops. They were blocked by a Home Guard soldier, Ford, at the Bridge, who had a Lee-Enfield rifle. He managed to take out 2 Germans but was then cut down.

The Germans advanced, thereby capturing the western Primary Defensive Location (I should have paid more attention to my set up!). That left the only ones blocking the Germans from the center of town Ms. Featherlake and her fellow teachers at the school, armed with beakers of acid. Next turn, though, Capt. MacGowan, taking advantage of someone finding a Thmopson SMG in the church basement, raced over to help out, while Earl Thorncroft and his trusty blunderbuss crept up from the south along the streambed. Between them, they almost wiped out the Germans.

On turn 2, another group of Germans approached from the north, right next to the cricket pavilion, which was protected by another Home Guard soldier and The Contemptibles, Birkham Stokes' cricket team. They did not do well, and in fact, German fire wounded both. Next turn the Pub Regulars, armed with darts and pool cues, would shuttle up some medical supplies that were found in the schoolhouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Re: The first two days: a very brief AAR

Excellent! But it's Birkham Stokes. Birkham Common is in Yorkshire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and it's also the first two hours, not days! Corrected both, thanks.

And many thanks for the game as well. I'm now up to hour 6, and the character and tactics cards have introduced some very interesting situations. And the Pub Regulars took out two Germans near the cricket pavilion with darts and beer bottles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks fantastic! I can't wait to get my game to the table this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.