1 , 2  Next »   | 

Fire in the Lake» Forums » General

Subject: No ETA on shipping still... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Apparently there was a window for folks to get a copy to pick up at WBC, but there's still no shipping dates set for this game. There are apparently parts still coming into the warehouse. Total bummer on that..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morneau
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is only my second P500 with GMT, but I seem to remember that there was a fair amount of time between being charged and the game actually shipping last time too (a few weeks at least.) My understanding is that this is a normal kind of timeline since they're using the pre-order money to produce the game. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
2 weeks ago, the shipping date was estimated to be 4 weeks away. So I’d say it's getting closer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd expect shipping to be sometime after the first week of August. If it's before that, all the more awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It'd be after WBC since that's again complicating them getting games out the door like last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be at the WBC. Heres hoping they will have copies to pick up!

Fingers crossed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how long, on average, it takes FLGS to get their copies after P500 participants? This is my first GMT preorder but I went through FLGS to support them as FiTL had already gotten WAY over the necessary 500.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last official GMT update was sent out June 27. Should be another one going out any day now. That should have info about shipping FitL. I'm sure they want it out the door for WBC and Gencon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bpowers wrote:

Fingers crossed...

It used to be that if you contacted them beforehand you could pick up a copy there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grafpoo wrote:
bpowers wrote:

Fingers crossed...

It used to be that if you contacted them beforehand you could pick up a copy there.

This was the case this time too. See the bottom of this thread. Andy needed word ahead of time to know how many to have air-freighted out, I believe. vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rod humble

san francisco
Earth
msg tools
badge
I feel quite good about what happened
mbmbmbmbmb
Who the hell are WBC and why are they interfering with mah game shipping?

Seriously I hope some con does not slow down the general shipments. I am stoked for this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gudgeon
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mb
What Rod said.

I have to wait for it to be shipped over the pond too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, I'm not sure what the basis is of a notion that a con has slowed down shipping.

My understanding of Fire in the Lake delivery is this:
GMT wanted general distribution to be in time for WBC, if practicable.
Apparently, they just missed that target. (They tend, I think, not to let an advertised date rush final production; presumably, they incline that way so that quality remains high.)
As a consolation to those P500 preorder customers who happen to be attending WBC, GMT offered to eat the extra cost of air shipping those copies to Lancaster, PA ahead of the full shipment to California.
The rest of the copies are loaded on a ship somewhere in the Pacific, exactly where they would be if there were no such thing as WBC.

Regards! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
By the way, I'm not sure what the basis is of a notion that a con has slowed down shipping.

My understanding of Fire in the Lake delivery is this:
GMT wanted general distribution to be in time for WBC, if practicable.
Apparently, they just missed that target. (They tend, I think, not to let an advertised date rush final production; presumably, they incline that way so that quality remains high.)
As a consolation to those P500 preorder customers who happen to be attending WBC, GMT offered to eat the extra cost of air shipping those copies to Lancaster, PA ahead of the full shipment to California.
The rest of the copies are loaded on a ship somewhere in the Pacific, exactly where they would be if there were no such thing as WBC.

Regards! Volko

Thanks for the update - I think everyone is genuinely excited to get the game to the table (including myself)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! As DavidS noted above, we should get an updated fix on delivery date from Gene's monthly update this week.... Cheers! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle E
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched the unboxing video, can't wait to play this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rod humble

san francisco
Earth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking the time to post Volko. I still am a tad peeved some people are getting the game early simply because they are going to a con. I live within driving distance of GMT (like many), why can't we go get our games? What about the customers who live in China, can't they go and pick theirs up? If we can airship early, well that sounds like a good idea. Why don't we do that for everyone? If you do any of the above, would that not piss off some east coast or international customers who are still stuck waiting?

GMT's customer service is second to none but this con pickup thing (as has happened in the past) kinda rubs some of us the wrong way.

I hope that helps explain some of the hackles up over it. Anyway my whining is over I am very much looking forward to playing the game when it ships!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I live within driving distance of GMT (like many), why can't we go get our games?

Hi Rod. That seems a reasonable question and might be worth dropping a direct line to GMT. But it only would matter once the games have arrived in Hanford, which is not yet. Air shipping to WBC will be direct from China to Lancaster, not via California, if I've got it right. Salud!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rod humble

san francisco
Earth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Quote:
I live within driving distance of GMT (like many), why can't we go get our games?

Hi Rod. That seems a reasonable question and might be worth dropping a direct line to GMT. But it only would matter once the games have arrived in Hanford, which is not yet. Air shipping to WBC will be direct from China to Lancaster, not via California, if I've got it right. Salud!

No worries, I was just having a little tantrum, the last thing GMT needs is obsessed nerds like me showing up

Anyway the play demo you & Mark did has really got me looking forward to this one!

Thanks again for posting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
No hurry for me. My gaming is booked up for the next several weeks so this wouldn't have a chance to hit the table anyway until the end of next month. I'm curious to get a nice read through of the rules however when it arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The final Rules and Playbook, btw, are available now for download on the GMTGames page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CREDIT CARD CAPTURED!!!

Looking forward to this one Volko!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received GMT's update (July 27th) earlier today. It looks like the tentative shipping date for FitL is August 10th?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I saw that too! Somewhere in there also is the word "about"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Yep, I saw that too! Somewhere in there also is the word "about"...

As in "August 10, about noon" I hope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.