Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've finalized the TileSet plugin for Descent 2nd Ed and uploaded in the files section: [filepage=105895][/filepage]

These set of ZIP files contain a complete TileSet for the TileSystem Map Editor, displayed here:

The TileSystem Map Editor is a relatively simple tool used to create maps. You click and drag items from the menus on the left to drop them on the map in the middle. Right click and drag will rotate the image. Left click and drag to snap it in place. It was originally created for DOOM: The Boardgame, however since it is very open ended and customizable, this Descent: 2nd Edition plugin will sit side-by-side with Doom (or Gears of War or Space Hulk or Castle Ravenloft whatever other TileSystem plugins you have installed). The TileSystem application is included in the Base zip file (with permission).

There are 10 separate files to download for the Descent 2nd Ed TileSystem plugin. This is the first of the files that make plugin for the TileSystem application. All of the files combined is roughly 46MB, so I have broken it apart into 10 different ZIP files.

The first file 'Base' is the main tileset plugin and some GUI images, as well as the EXE for TileSystem itself. Extract it into the TileSystem folder. Extract all the other files into the 'Descent2' folder that is created with the first Basic extraction.

I use the TileSystem to help moderate PBF games. You can also use it to create custom missions, such as this:

Once all 10 files have been approved, you'll be able to download and enjoy.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for making these.

I've made a new set of .set files for this that splits up all the map tiles by expansion, would this be any use to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've thought about that, but I figured there are so many expansions now, just merge them all.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Bermejo
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!!
Seems great, but i cant find the original program...
do yo have a link to a place to download it?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
cerberov wrote:

shnar wrote:
The first file 'Base' is the main tileset plugin and some GUI images, as well as the EXE for TileSystem itself. Extract it into the TileSystem folder. Extract all the other files into the 'Descent2' folder that is created with the first Basic extraction.

Descent 2nd Edition Tileset plugin for TileSystem map editor

In other words, TileSystem.exe is part of the files shnar has created.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sweet, sweet TileSets.
Thanks again for making this, Shnar. You put a lot more work into it than I would have =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
cerberov wrote:

shnar wrote:

Descent 2nd Edition Tileset plugin for TileSystem map editor

In other words, TileSystem.exe is part of the files shnar has created.

Yeah, the original site for TileSystem is down, and I received permission to include the app with the actual tileset, so I did. After you extract the Base.zip, there should be a TileSystem.exe that you can launch which is the main application. All the other files go in a subfolder called "Descent2". Once TileSystem has launched, go to File | Change TileSet and find the Descent2.ts file (should be in the same folder as TileSystem.exe). If all the files were extracted properly, this will load the Descent TileSet.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately FFG has asked me to remove the TileSet for Descent, which I am doing now. I didn't think it would be a big deal since there exists one for 1st Edition, and they even had an 'official' editor for 1st Ed back then and happily let both co-exist, but sadly that is not the case.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. OObacke
msg tools
And now everybody is forced to use the shitty editor FFG provides: slow, unstable and you must publish a quest in order to print it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mroobacke wrote:
And now everybody is forced to use the shitty editor FFG provides: slow, unstable and you must publish a quest in order to print it.

Yeah, that's why I originally posted the TileSet for 2nd Ed. Sure, some will prefer the official one, but others like TileSet for many reasons. Quashing the TileSet, while entirely in their prerogative, will limit some of the creative outlets for Descent :/

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sly de Moya
Dominican Republic
flag msg tools
Where is the link I get The tileset plugin.

And thank you so much for this.

Sincerely

Sly de Moya

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.