Subject: Elephant Grass rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Willis
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says a VET NVA can ambush like VC+2 any blue units that "move, retreat or react" into the province...

The thing is, US air/naval assets are the only units that REACT (I think?) - and the assets, according to the rules, are immune from ambush.

Further, there is no specific mention of what happens to units "reinforcing" into the province...even though normally these are always "subject to ambush" according to the battle sequence guide on the map.

So...is it supposed to read: "move, retreat or reinforce" or is the REACT in there on purpose to specifically allow for the ambush of the assets? (And no ambush for reinforcing ground units from the adjacent province - or are they both allowed)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says: "Play if an Allied ground group moves, retreats, or reacts into a province with a vet NVA unit. The vet ambushes as if it were a VC+ unit. Promote a defender if Blue loses a unit. Draw a card."

You got me this time. It should be "reinforce" and not "react." I can give you some excuse, but I'm sure you won't stand for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Willis
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super! Actually, I was thinking that there might be an asset ambush possible based on the specific wording of the card, but I really had to think twice when I noticed the wording for "Allied ground group" at the beginning - since the assets aren't "ground units"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think early on I called reinforcing ground units "reacting" units, but later on when I added the asset reaction rules, I devoted that word to air/naval assets -- and forgot about the loose ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.