Subject: Zippo Mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Willis
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am confused on the promotions allowed from this card. Does each defending unit lost allow for a separate promotion action for both sides, or does a single promotion event happen for both forces regardless of the number of losses incurred from the raids into that province (as long as there is a defending unit lost).

Further, does the promotion happen at the instant of the defending loss or at the end of the whole raid sequence in the province (it might matter because it says VET units raid at +1)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be easier in the future if you would tell me what color card it is because I'm old and don't remember these things. (Text would be better but maybe too much to hope for.)

Zippo Mission: "Cost: 1 RP. All your units in one province RAID+0 one adjacent province. Add +1 to the die roll for every vet in the raiding group. Promote one attacker and 1 defender if a defending unit is killed."

One attacker and one defender is promoted. If it were "for each," it would say so, and it doesn't. Promotions are done after the raid is over, so you cannot use the new promotions to help out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
There is only one die roll with a DRM for Veteran units, right? From Neal's question, it sounds like he is under the impression that each unit rolls on the RAID+0 chart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revnye wrote:
There is only one die roll with a DRM for Veteran units, right? From Neal's question, it sounds like he is under the impression that each unit rolls on the RAID+0 chart.

Oh! Right! Yes, it is one die roll. It's not a bunch of separate unit attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.