Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All....

I'd like to start a conversation about miniatures and painting miniatures... we're doing a Campaign right now with pre-painted options...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/everythingepicgames/sec...

I'd like examples of Miniatures from different Games that came pre-painted that you really liked (and also didnt like!) so we know what To do and what NOT to do

Please share links and/or Pics... Please Discuss why you like or dislike something!

Thanks so much! I look forward to everyone's thoughts!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug LaVigne
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I likely won't paint on my own, any option that looks decent is good enough.

Examples without pictures of tolerable but not great prepaints from my admittedly limited experience:
Betrayal at House on the Hill - good
Dungeon and Dragons minis - better
Defenders of the Realm - best (of these three)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the Fast Feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of all the games I have seen, 12 Realms has had the best prepainted miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Defenders of the Realm pre-painted minis are pretty good (not great, but still pretty good):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hockey Dad
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris,

I mostly paint (and convert) my own miniatures, so I don't have a lot of experience with pre-paints.

But I do really link my X-Wing models. I haven't yet had one that I didn't like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
The Defenders of the Realm pre-painted minis are pretty good (not great, but still pretty good):

These are nice! Nice bright colors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Marino
United States
Auburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't have many games with pre-painted minis. However the old Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Miniatures from were painted pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you show a pic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Angel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/The%20Adventur...

These ones are pretty good in my opinion.

I also play heroclix and monsterpocalypse. They also come pre painted and are accecptable quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Mc
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
cbatarlis wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

I'm actually hoping SotLT miniatures have a fairly muted palette, to match the gloom of the tomb. The character portraits, especially ones like Mickey O'Sullivan and Libby Villa have a great dark warmth. I hope the minis favor this approach rather than a brighter option that might border on garish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Mc
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Densmc wrote:
cbatarlis wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

I'm actually hoping SotLT miniatures have a fairly muted palette, to match the gloom of the tomb. The character portraits, especially ones like Mickey O'Sullivan and Libby Villa have a great dark warmth. I hope the minis favor this approach rather than a brighter option that might border on garish.

And the be-turbanned chap too, his portrait is fantastic! That candlelight/torchlight quality is what I hope to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emberwild wrote:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/The%20Adventur...

These ones are pretty good in my opinion.

I also play heroclix and monsterpocalypse. They also come pre painted and are accecptable quality.

i agree and I own those personally!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Densmc wrote:
Densmc wrote:
cbatarlis wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

And the be-turbanned chap too, his portrait is fantastic! That candlelight/torchlight quality is what I hope to see.

We will certainly Strive to keep within Theme and also Keep the feel of each character there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Marino
United States
Auburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Star Wars Miniatures

Heroscape
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riggah19 wrote:

Star Wars Miniatures

Heroscape

Great examples!

Thanks for sharing!

I also have Heroscape.. they are really well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have pics but of the few pre-painted minis I do own Arkham Horror + expansions, Confrontation: The Age of the Rag'narok, Heroscape and Betrayal at House on the Hill (1st edition). The best as far as detail would be Arkham Horror. Then Confrontation and Heroscape. Betrayal (1st edition) was my least favorite, they were very sloppy and looked like they were done in haste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TigerTailz wrote:
I don't have pics but of the few pre-painted minis I do own Arkham Horror + expansions, Confrontation: The Age of the Rag'narok, Heroscape and Betrayal at House on the Hill (1st edition). The best as far as detail would be Arkham Horror. Then Confrontation and Heroscape. Betrayal (1st edition) was my least favorite, they were very sloppy and looked like they were done in haste.

Very good observations... I certainly agree with you.... I do like the Arkham Minis...we're probably going to go for that kind of Quality... Betrayal is very sloppy but probably because they're ultra mass produced!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.