Popular Tags: [View All]
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two things I want to mention.

1. I am almost finished with a Vassal module for F90. (It was a big job!) There are a few loose ends I need to tie up. I hope to post it next week.

2. A couple of us will be taking our game copies to the WBC (world boardgaming championships) in Lancaster Pa (first week of August). We probably will be playing several races, and if you plan on going, you can join us. I don't know when exactly we will be playing. If you are interested and plan to attend, keep an eye out in the open gaming areas, or maybe write to me privately.

Stan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Pellegrino
Italy
Palermo
Sicilia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stan,
we can try it !

Fabio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can't wait to try this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stan, I was going to bring my copy too, as I have not yet had the chance to play. I'll be on the lookout for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Blazquez Garcia
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:

1. I am almost finished with a Vassal module for F90. (It was a big job!) There are a few loose ends I need to tie up. I hope to post it next week.

Stan

Oh, thanks, I will tyr it!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Rossini
Italy
Turi
BA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow it's a good new!
I wanted to make it some months ago, but I'm newbie with vassal editor.
I'll test your module this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to try it but I have no clue what to do...

I have vassal but never used it...

I run the game, but have no cards, don't know what to do to start...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
I would like to try it but I have no clue what to do...

I have vassal but never used it...

I run the game, but have no cards, don't know what to do to start...

When you start a race, choose "solo" and you'll see the track. On the toolbar, there is a "Cards" button, which shows the race and track decks. Open a player's cards window (for example, P1 cards). You can drag cards from the deck to his hand. The P1 button with a helmet icon has his player chart. The Pieces button shows all pieces in the game.

As a general rule, if you right-click on a piece you have dragged from "Pieces," you can do its commands. All have keyboard equivalents. For example, if you click on a car, you can use arrow keys to rotate it.

To start, you need to choose cars and fuel chits for your players. (If you choose solo, you can play up to 4 players by yourself.)

I will have more information when I release the module next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Rossini
Italy
Turi
BA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stan,
Congratulations you made a great job!!!
I have some suggestions:
1. A board dedicated to contest is useful
2. Pieces (strategy, skill tokens etc.) placed on players' dashboard. Player can change value by right click, just as miniature car.
3. Same for movements of pawns on weather and turn table.

bye Joe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joseph wrote:
Hi Stan,
Congratulations you made a great job!!!
I have some suggestions:
1. A board dedicated to contest is useful

Good idea. I added one.

joseph wrote:

2. Pieces (strategy, skill tokens etc.) placed on players' dashboard. Player can change value by right click, just as miniature car.

You can already do that. The car setup and tyre types are in the Pieces window/palette. You can change a strategy or tyre type you already put on your dashboard by right-clicking it.

joseph wrote:

3. Same for movements of pawns on weather and turn table.

This I can't do because the location of the weather and turn tracks is different on each track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Rossini
Italy
Turi
BA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:

joseph wrote:

You can already do that. The car setup and tyre types are in the Pieces window/palette. You can change a strategy or tyre type you already put on your dashboard by right-clicking it.

Sorry, but I have not explained.
strategy, Setup, tyre chits ect fixed on dashboard car. Now I must open pieces dashboard, drag a chit and drop it on dashboard car. Then I can change by right click. I was thinking to pieces just fixed on.

I download new version of module. Contest dashboard is good, but it should contain cards played, too for matching.
What do you think?
Sorry for my not good english.
bye Joe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got to play last night, winning a basic rules run on Monza. We all liked the game to some degree or other, hopefully it can make repeat appearances at JR's game night in the city (I'm sure he'll post a report in the next day or two).

I will try to get in a game at WBC, but I only have two full days and half of one is demo work. I'll keep a lookout for opportunities...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Blazquez Garcia
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried the Vassal module a few turns, great job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about putting the setup chits on each dashboard, but it gets difficult. There is a button to change the background (the player chart), and each one has a different default setup, so I would have to change all those chits every time someone changed his background. Now suppose you chose a background and changed your setup. Then you changed the background. Should I change the chits too to match the new background's default, or should I keep your settings? It is just too hard and messy for little gain.

As for the contest window, I would love to somehow copy each player's check number there, but I cannot think of a good way to do it. The trouble with moving cards there is I need to make room for them, and I need to keep track of which card belongs to which player. The dashboards are public windows, so I do not see much gain to moving the cards to the contest window.

joseph wrote:
shilinski wrote:

joseph wrote:

Sorry, but I have not explained.
strategy, Setup, tyre chits ect fixed on dashboard car. Now I must open pieces dashboard, drag a chit and drop it on dashboard car. Then I can change by right click. I was thinking to pieces just fixed on.

I download new version of module. Contest dashboard is good, but it should contain cards played, too for matching.
What do you think?
Sorry for my not good english.
bye Joe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Mucha
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for creating the vmod. I was hoping to try the game but it's not available near me:/
I'm after 2 basic Monza runs (2 and 4 players)
I don't know if that's possible but drag more tyre tokens would be nice. During pits there's lot to drag
One more thing. You can choose colour of the car and that's great. Maybe with connection the colour of the player helmet could change. And the background of player cards window?

EDIT: You can slot on the player cards windows. Can there be some indicator active when that happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flymar wrote:
Thank you for creating the vmod. I was hoping to try the game but it's not available near me:/
I'm after 2 basic Monza runs (2 and 4 players)
I don't know if that's possible but drag more tyre tokens would be nice. During pits there's lot to drag

The single tire token, which is in the Miscellany tab, is a marker used for weather and turns. Do not use it for tires. Instead, open "Car Setup" and drag from the last column, which has a group of 8, 10, or 12 tires.

flymar wrote:

One more thing. You can choose colour of the car and that's great. Maybe with connection the colour of the player helmet could change. And the background of player cards window?

I wish I could, but it is impossible.

flymar wrote:

EDIT: You can slot on the player cards windows. Can there be some indicator active when that happens?

Do you mean "stack" instead of "slot"? I am not sure what you mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Mucha
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info,
I meant "stack more cards in one slot" but my keyboard misfired. Wireless piece of...plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flymar wrote:
Thanks for the info,
I meant "stack more cards in one slot" but my keyboard misfired. Wireless piece of...plastic.

The bottom of the stacked cards should change to lime-green in color after a few moments or if you click on something in that window.

I finally uploaded the vassal module (version 2) at the vassal web site.
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Race!_Formula_90
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.