Jake
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Citadels. Although colossal arena is great with 3 or 4 and the much better game overall. I sold citadels.

Just wanted to add I sold it because much better 2 player games exist such as haggis, battle line and summoner wars.

-Jake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rockpaper Scissors
United States
flag msg tools
Citadels, definitely. It's a richer game with more replay value (though they're both pretty light and quick).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne Koivisto
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Citadels but I wouldn't play it with just two players, it really starts to shine with 5 players, 6 is good as well, 4 is ok, 7 starting to be too much. Two or three player rules have a modification of everyone using two characters and while that makes it playable with 2-3, I don't think it is really meant for that.

I have played Colossal Arena once years ago with two players, and I think it was ok, but like the previous poster said, there might be better games for just two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bodah
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Colossal Arena a lot but probably wouldn't play it with two. I did not like Citadels with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michelle smith
msg tools
Hi I own both and would say that arena is the better 2player game.There is a very high element of careful card play and manipulation that takes place in arena that you don't find in citadels. After several plays you will start devising very subtle but cunning plans to outwit your opponents and to eliminate their creatures from play. All in all a very enjoyable 2 player experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.